Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

WA beginner prepper here

Just got here? What are you prepping for? Let us know a little about you and why you're here
seatard
Posts in topic: 3

WA beginner prepper here

Post by seatard » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:28 pm

Gday, beginner prepper here. Been a low key prepper for a few years but never got further than having a BOB. Don't have a lot of resources or assets atm due to life in general (marriage, renos and new born baby) but keen to expand and learn as I can. Have a good friend who is interested as well who is also in the same boat as me. One thing that I have been able to practice is my survival skills. Im an avid hunter and a self sufficient camper for weeks at a time with a wide range of skills. Current plan for when SHTF is to gather camping equipment and bug out to a farming property I know of or go bush and be self sufficient. Keen to meet other like minded people and share exp and knowledge.

Cheers

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

geelongprepper
Posts in topic: 2

Re: WA beginner prepper here

Post by geelongprepper » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:01 am

gday seatard, welcome.

great work with a bob, have you got anything prepped at home? i'd suggest the following:
fire extinguishers,
garden hoses that can reach all around your house,
change batteries in smoke detectors,
make paper and digital copies of important documents and photos,
have said copies and photos easily obtainable if you had to get out of the house in 30 seconds.

is your wife onboard?
GP

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

seatard

Post by seatard » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:42 pm

Yeah I have 2 extinguishers. 1 is in passenger seat of my hilux and other is in my camping kit.
Have taps all round the house all with hoses.
Smoke detectors are hard wired to my power with back up batteries.
And all important documents are together in my firearms safe so they are quick to access
Wife isn’t too onboard with it atm but that’s because we have a 3 week old baby girl and her priorities are on her. But she knows if anything was to happen that she just has to follow me

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

geelongprepper
Posts in topic: 2

Post by geelongprepper » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:34 pm

thats good. start from there. i can see how having kids would trouble you about shtf events. i does for me too

can you clear trees that could potentially fall on your house? are you out of debt? do you have things insured?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

seatard

Post by seatard » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:44 pm

That’s not an issue for me. I live in the suburbs so there is trees around but no risk of a fire. And everything is insured

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links