Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

Prepping with pets

What's on your mind? Lets get the community talking.
geelongprepper
Posts in topic: 1

Prepping with pets

Post by geelongprepper » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:50 pm

does anyone prep with pets and want to share what they have stored, put in place and plan to do to keep their pets fed and happy?

I have 4 dogs, 2 cats, 8 chickens. i did have a 4 bag rotating stockpile for each species, but have dropped off recently.

my plan is to let chickens forage more, eat worms from our worm farm, eat scraps and use the stockpile. for the dogs, i will feed them rabbits that i shoot, birds that i trap, fish/birds/seaweed washed upon the beach, scraps and use the stockpile. cats i will feed trapped indian mynas, any extra fish washed ashore, scraps and their stockpile.

as for healthcare, i dont really do anything for them anyway, i dont see that as an issue as any life-threatening illness will be dealt with. everything else we try and intervene, but do our best knowing very little.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

seatard
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Prepping with pets

Post by seatard » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:47 pm

I haven’t really done a lot of prepping for our dogs but the one thing I have got for them are those backpack harnesses as I plan to bug out atm.

They don’t store a hell of a lot but I can fit in each 2 days worth of biscuits, 2 bottles of water, pop up bowl, flashing lights to attach to the harness.

I also have between them is a spare lead, tennis ball, steel cable lead with screw in ground peg and some spare room to carry ammo or whatever else.

Have used them for camping and they are great to have packed and ready to go.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links