Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

Being a self employed armed guard to protect your property idea

What's on your mind? Lets get the community talking.
ozburning
Posts in topic: 1

Being a self employed armed guard to protect your property idea

Post by ozburning » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:08 pm

With Australia’s crazy self defence laws

“Possessing any object specifically for the purpose of self-defence, lethal or non-lethal, is a criminal offence in Australia.”.
I’ll admit this was a nasty surprise after being a prepper for a year and sudden finding out about this

So i considered how to obey the law and still protect myself

I had a couple of ideas learning self defence, caring a self defence cane ,

But then i thought, since you can hire armed guards to protect your residential property

I was thinking what if you started a self employed security company hiring your self as an armed guard protection to protect your own property
I haven’t looked into this too much yet, Obviously this would cost money in security training and running the business

Might also allow you to wear a body cam which can be helpful with false accusations

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Frostbite
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Being a self employed armed guard to protect your property idea

Post by Frostbite » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:58 pm

It would be easier to just get a pistol licence and practice dry firing a lot.

Or get a Dealer Licence and work from home. That way you can legally keep automatic weapons in your own home.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links