Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

Startup prepping

Got a Prepping group in your area? Looking for a prepping group in your area. Tell the community about it here
Bug
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Startup prepping

Post by Bug » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:02 pm

Frostbite wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:02 pm
Because council have access to the latest satellite images and use them to see who has been a naughty boy.
Have them ready to go. Bury and backfill in a couple of days. Turf/landscape over the disturbed area. Ensure the entry point is concealed. You'll finish it well within the period within which they update the images.

Informing any government agency about your preps goes completely against basic prepping principles.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Frostbite
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Frostbite » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:51 pm

I tell council as little as possible, but didn't want to spend $60k on my 'shed' only to have council tell me to pull it down because it wasn't approved. Picking a fight with a well resourced government body isn't prepping. It's stupid.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Nox

Post by Nox » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:45 am

true.. so msny options...
but first i need to find the property first.
lookimg for something at about 3 hours away from city

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Bug

Post by Bug » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:41 am

Frostbite wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:51 pm
I tell council as little as possible, but didn't want to spend $60k on my 'shed' only to have council tell me to pull it down because it wasn't approved. Picking a fight with a well resourced government body isn't prepping. It's stupid.
A permanent shed in the open may get noticed by council or may not.

A temporary hole that gets backfilled with a concealed entrance is another thing. Most councils struggle to do their own day to day job properly. To think that they have the resources to mount such a pervasive daily surveillance campaign that they could discover such a thing in a rural area is dreamland stuff.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Frostbite

Post by Frostbite » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:23 pm

I must live in a dreamland then. Maybe I only imagined the letter I received from council, who did an audit of rural properties, and sent all those that looked habitable a letter stating as my building looked habitable it probably has an onsite sewerage disposal system, and that council would begin charging me for the right to dispose of my own waste. I, and many other owners, promptly told council to go f##k themselves, and council removed the charges.

Do you actually own rural land Bug, or are you just making shit up?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Nox

Post by Nox » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:15 pm

I agree... but the way things are going now... anything is possible.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Bug

Post by Bug » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:15 pm

Frostbite wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:23 pm
I must live in a dreamland then. Maybe I only imagined the letter I received from council, who did an audit of rural properties, and sent all those that looked habitable a letter stating as my building looked habitable it probably has an onsite sewerage disposal system, and that council would begin charging me for the right to dispose of my own waste. I, and many other owners, promptly told council to go f##k themselves, and council removed the charges.

Do you actually own rural land Bug, or are you just making shit up?
1) Stop.
2) Go back.
3) Read what I wrote.
4) Pretend that you did in the first place.
5) Carry on about a situation that has nothing to do with concealed, buried structure for whatever reason is stuck in your head.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Frostbite

Post by Frostbite » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:35 pm

I'm not surprised you avoided my question. Prepping isn't virtual reality, you actually have to do stuff for real if you want to survive. So many preppers are only pretenders.

Now back to your comment. It's unlikely that council wil notice your buried bunker if you get the project completed fast enough. Hiding it from the noxious weed inspectors will be much harder.

Now back to the real world. How will you collect water in a buried bunker? How will you grow food without water? How will you defend your bunker?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Bug

Post by Bug » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:12 pm

Frostbite wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:35 pm
I'm not surprised you avoided my question. Prepping isn't virtual reality, you actually have to do stuff for real if you want to survive. So many preppers are only pretenders.

Now back to your comment. It's unlikely that council wil notice your buried bunker if you get the project completed fast enough. Hiding it from the noxious weed inspectors will be much harder.

Now back to the real world. How will you collect water in a buried bunker? How will you grow food without water? How will you defend your bunker?
I don't care about your shed. Read it as many times as it takes. Happy to say it as many times as you need to hear it.

If a weed inspector can find your concealed entrance, you haven't concealed it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

notasyoung
Posts in topic: 1

Post by notasyoung » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:44 pm

Bug wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:48 pm
Why would you tell council?
In a rural area council has better things to do, like dealing with complaints. Go rural, get established in the area, do your water, camp, do some internal fences, get to know the locals, gradually increase your presence, once you know your neighbours, have a coffee with them, gradually increase your footprint, get their ideas (I need a toilet, don't want to keep using a drop toilet, know anyone local who puts in a septic system??), the bigger the acreage, the further from civilisation, the further from the edge of the block, the less anyone cares.

Even put down a slab and a roof, with a water tank, as a first step, then add some solar panels and batteries, and of course some walls to keep the batteries and electronics dry. Once everyone is used to you being there, progress, most don't ask permission, don't mention it, but just take good photo's of foundations (ratwalls are good), exceed requirements, as you build.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links