Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

The Writing Is Finally On The Wall!!!

Something big happening we all need to know about here or abroad. Tell us all about it.
User avatar
Keith
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 567
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:39 pm

The Writing Is Finally On The Wall!!!

Post by Keith » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:10 pm

Now please, global warming climate change is a very real threat, we are talking an End Of The World event, the extinction of all life on the planet proceeded by TEOTWAWKI. If you are a non believer, please do NOT bother commenting on this post or on this video, I really am sick & tired of this ridiculous macho approach to this subject such as "I am ready, bring it on"!!!
As preppers we do need to prepare, but as sensible, rational human beings we also need to do all we can to stop this disaster from happening. We of all people on a forum such as this have the power to communicate with others & to contact organisations that are planning to rebel.
PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO. The speaker likes long words & tends to repeat himself, but he knows what he is talking about & is a MUST LISTEN TO!
Keith.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbzhc1BlvvI&t=329s


Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/
Image

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Bug
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:25 pm

Re: The Writing Is Finally On The Wall!!!

Post by Bug » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:22 pm

Anyone who seriously wants TEOTWAWKI needs to see a psychiatrist.
We are preppers because we are effectively taking out an insurance policy against what we see as a risk. Even the best prepper is going to end up in 1800s style living conditions within a year.
Shelter and plenty of food is fine. What happens if you have a rotten tooth? Your wife needs a C-section? Child gets appendicitis?



Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Grumpy
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:44 pm

Re: The Writing Is Finally On The Wall!!!

Post by Grumpy » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:26 pm

What happens if you have a rotten tooth? Your wife needs a C-section? Child gets appendicitis?

A little local around the affected area and someone willing to have a go!
All basic problems with basic solutions.
Disinfecting everything would be the hardest part.

Having a go gives them a good chance, doing nothing dooms them. I would have a go.



Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar
Keith
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 567
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:39 pm

Re: The Writing Is Finally On The Wall!!!

Post by Keith » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:19 am

Bug wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:22 pm
Anyone who seriously wants TEOTWAWKI needs to see a psychiatrist.
We are preppers because we are effectively taking out an insurance policy against what we see as a risk. Even the best prepper is going to end up in 1800s style living conditions within a year.
Shelter and plenty of food is fine. What happens if you have a rotten tooth? Your wife needs a C-section? Child gets appendicitis?
Image


Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/
Image

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar
Frostbite
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: The Writing Is Finally On The Wall!!!

Post by Frostbite » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:53 am

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-03- ... enpeace-co

Another point of view, for the not so gullible.



Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar
Keith
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 567
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:39 pm

Re: The Writing Is Finally On The Wall!!!

Post by Keith » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:52 am

Frostbite wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:53 am
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-03- ... enpeace-co

Another point of view, for the not so gullible.
No credibility in this given the overwhelming scientific evidence to the contrary. You would have to be pretty gullible to believe this misinformation. Anyone with a sensible inquiring mind can see this for what it is. Complete rubbish.
I would rather act on climate change & improve on our environment in the process than to ignore it & continue to pollute the earth. A sensible person asks themselves, "what have I got to lose?".
Keith.


Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/
Image

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar
Frostbite
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: The Writing Is Finally On The Wall!!!

Post by Frostbite » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:17 am

A sensible person would ask why would you drive a hybrid car that runs on coal, why would you rely on renewable energy when it cannot meet demand and puts people's lives at risk (just ask anyone in South Australia), why does green come with a tax, who pays the salary of all the climate 'experts'? If you really want to reduce our carbon footprint why not just implement a one child policy or have a good cull.



Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Bug
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:25 pm

Re: The Writing Is Finally On The Wall!!!

Post by Bug » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:32 am

Frostbite wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:17 am
A sensible person would ask why would you drive a hybrid car that runs on coal, why would you rely on renewable energy when it cannot meet demand and puts people's lives at risk (just ask anyone in South Australia), why does green come with a tax, who pays the salary of all the climate 'experts'? If you really want to reduce our carbon footprint why not just implement a one child policy or have a good cull.
Renewable energy can meet demands. The Australian grid is so large that the wind is always blowing somewhere. Almost every new solar/wind farm is installing a battery. During excess generation we can also store it with the pumped hydro that we have. Farmers can still use the land around wind farms. Coal mines stuff the land permanently. Most are near end of life, and not economical to replace.
The range issue on electric cars is almost done, they get 500km now (the same as my old sedan.)

To top it all off, last year renewables became cheaper than coal for the first time.

Even if you don't accept the science around climate change, there is still no rational basis for continuing to use fossil fuels except in very exceptional circumstances. To be able to insure against a possible global catastrophe for near zero cost, but still choose not to is madness.



Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Bug
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:25 pm

Re: The Writing Is Finally On The Wall!!!

Post by Bug » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:54 am

Grumpy wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:26 pm
What happens if you have a rotten tooth? Your wife needs a C-section? Child gets appendicitis?

A little local around the affected area and someone willing to have a go!
All basic problems with basic solutions.
Disinfecting everything would be the hardest part.

Having a go gives them a good chance, doing nothing dooms them. I would have a go.
Basic problems... Historically the woman usually died after a C-section. And that's with people who knew what they were doing.
Forget anaesthetic. After a year of nothing being manufactured, there won't be any. Any kind of surgery is a gamble at best. We return to the days of most people dying before 40. How easily we have forgotten that our great grandparents had 6 kids for a reason.


But that wasn't the point I made. It's that there is something seriously wrong with actually wanting TEOTWAWKI. Planning for it is sensible, no how matter bad it may get. But actually wanting it to happen is insane.



Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar
Keith
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 567
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:39 pm

Re: The Writing Is Finally On The Wall!!!

Post by Keith » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:27 am

Bug wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:32 am
Frostbite wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:17 am
A sensible person would ask why would you drive a hybrid car that runs on coal, why would you rely on renewable energy when it cannot meet demand and puts people's lives at risk (just ask anyone in South Australia), why does green come with a tax, who pays the salary of all the climate 'experts'? If you really want to reduce our carbon footprint why not just implement a one child policy or have a good cull.
Renewable energy can meet demands. The Australian grid is so large that the wind is always blowing somewhere. Almost every new solar/wind farm is installing a battery. During excess generation we can also store it with the pumped hydro that we have. Farmers can still use the land around wind farms. Coal mines stuff the land permanently. Most are near end of life, and not economical to replace.
The range issue on electric cars is almost done, they get 500km now (the same as my old sedan.)

To top it all off, last year renewables became cheaper than coal for the first time.

Even if you don't accept the science around climate change, there is still no rational basis for continuing to use fossil fuels except in very exceptional circumstances. To be able to insure against a possible global catastrophe for near zero cost, but still choose not to is madness.
Image


Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/
Image

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply