Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

Bugging Out Alone. What is your choice & why?

'Nuff said. Lets talk.
Bilby
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Bugging Out Alone. What is your choice & why?

Post by Bilby » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:55 pm

Thanks for your comments Warrigal and Keith, as I do appreciate them and it's given me much to think about. I never thought of a hand gun as a hunting tool. It's been a while since I've read through our countries gun laws, but I was wondering if we are allowed to buy silences for hand guns? I did a quick google and I found this:
"Silencers are a contentious subject in Australia, with the Government refusing to reclassify them so that they are not prohibited weapons. ... A 'good' silencer is going to reduce noise by 30 db. and when firing supersonic ammunition, it many reduce noise to a point where hearing protection is no longer needed.Jul 19, 2018"
I've never held a hand gun of any kind, much less fired one. I would be willing to give it a go at the local firing range with professional coaching. If it works out and I am allowed to purchase one with a silencer, then I would still be able to hunt food on my property without anyone hearing me further away. Such a weapon would also provide me with much needed personal protection. I will be looking into women's purpose built rifles like the Weatherby Vanguard Camilla with a scope.
I really hate the kickback from the larger guns, which leaves me with a very painful right collarbone for days afterwards. This is why I've felt that guns wouldn't be so great for me in a war-like survival scenario. I gave up these old double barrel ones in the gun amnesty, as they weren't registered nor was there much chance they ever could be.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links