Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

New Prepper QLD (war)

Just got here? What are you prepping for? Let us know a little about you and why you're here
goldcoastprep
Posts in topic: 2

New Prepper QLD (war)

Post by goldcoastprep » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:22 pm

Hi Guys,

Just saying a quick hello, I live on the Gold coast with my partner, we have only just started prepping but its something I have wanted to do for a long time. I tend to stress a lot about the future and I have already noticed it is putting my mind at ease.

As far as what I'm prepping for; I believe there will be a large war involving Australia at some point in my life time (sooner rather than later), with the lack of Australian military I don't hold much hope for Australia withstanding any serious threat. Whilst this is my end prep, prepping is to me is more about being prepared for anything.

Thanks!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MattintheACT

Re: New Prepper QLD (war)

Post by MattintheACT » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:07 am

Hi Goldcoastprepper
What might you think is going to be the trigger for the war?
I definitely agree it is a risk. It is usually triggered by other events that snowball into conflict.
To my knowledge, Australia has a reasonably capable military. Certainly, we punch well above our weight on a per capita basis.
Our alliance with the US is the linchpin to our security I would imagine. That's why we need a strong and stable US.
Matt

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

goldcoastprep

Post by goldcoastprep » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:54 am

MattintheACT wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:07 am
Hi Goldcoastprepper
What might you think is going to be the trigger for the war?
I definitely agree it is a risk. It is usually triggered by other events that snowball into conflict.
To my knowledge, Australia has a reasonably capable military. Certainly, we punch well above our weight on a per capita basis.
Our alliance with the US is the linchpin to our security I would imagine. That's why we need a strong and stable US.
Matt
Hey Matt,

Unfortunately, I believe our greatest ally is also our greatest problem, I believe the trigger for us to enter the war will be our eagerness to support the US to keep them on our side, with the constant conflict with China, North Korea and the US, I think its only a matter of time before crap hits the fan and I believe being an ally of the US we will unfortunately be pulled into the conflict.

in saying the above I still think we are better off with the US than against the US and agree we need to remain strong with them.

We definitely have a capable military especially when we are backed by the US, however, Id hate to see what would happen if we were attacked by a country such as China and the US didn't come to our aid.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Frostbite
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Frostbite » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:14 pm

China wouldn't stand a chance. I've seen Tomorrow When the War Began.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MikeA
Posts in topic: 3

Post by MikeA » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:22 pm

Frostbite wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:14 pm
China wouldn't stand a chance. I've seen Tomorrow When the War Began.
HAHAHAHAHA

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MikeA

Post by MikeA » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:33 pm

I too am curious about the war scenario.

I grew up under the blanket of the cold war so those of us that did tend to look very closely at world events. What are the triggers? What are the circumstances that will bring us to a conflict. I don't see them as yet, at least not clearly.

The US could not afford a war with China or anyone else and the current president is way to cunning for that, like him or not.
China holds billions of $US and bonds etc, they bought some of the US debt under the last president. The problem now for the US is that if China dumps the dollar, floods the market, then that will destabilise the US economy, the roll on is economic crashes around the world, so the chinese won't do it, or will they? And the US won't poke the chinese bear. NK is the whipping boy of the chinese and is not a credible threat, china and the US made sure of that in the last year or so.
The credible threat is China making islands and threatening to annex Taiwan which is a disputed territory and US ally. The US could not back down should the chines push to take Taiwan by force and the only option left for the US would be, UN security council intervention with UN peace keepers and possible economic sanctions on the chinese. Maybe that would worry them but they would not oppose the UN.
It just seems the unlikely scenario that all of a sudden the US and China go toe to toe.

I would continue to look to the north for the credible threat to Australia, but not China.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Grumpy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Grumpy » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:52 pm

Simply put china can not leapfrog all of asia to invade Australia same as the japs in WWII
But Indonesia has the men and arms to do it via a religious Jihad, no leapfrogging needed!

All it needs is a window of opportunity

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MattintheACT

Post by MattintheACT » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:13 pm

MikeA wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:33 pm
It just seems the unlikely scenario that all of a sudden the US and China go toe to toe.
Last edited by MattintheACT on Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MikeA

Post by MikeA » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:02 pm

MattintheACT wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:13 pm

(2) global food shortage
Even a regional shortage, say Pacific rim would be a catalyst for invasion. Provided Australia was not effected greatly. Populations from the north could invade simply looking for arable land. There is plenty in Australia's north. Wilmott discussed this in his book Below the Line.
Australia is lightly defended and has many resources

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links