Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

Bunker building in WA??

Whats do you think is going to happen most and what have you prepared for?
Teddybearhugz
Posts in topic: 1

Bunker building in WA??

Post by Teddybearhugz » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:56 pm

Hi,
I want to build a bunker in WA and I would like help to find out if they're custom built, land for one and all the relevant info such as "don't buy from them" and "easy to deal with people and discrete sales"
Thanks heaps

When left is right and right is left... Which way is up?!?! Never ever never, give up!!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Vessels&Valves

Re: Bunker building in WA??

Post by Vessels&Valves » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:47 am

Do you have land already to put it on ?

How far away do you live from any army/ Air Force bases ?

The reason I ask is that if you think a nuke could be dropped within 20 km from you then you need a bunker rated to protect you from the pressure and reactive waves from a blast nearby which would turn your internal organs into jelly.

Nukes could be anywhere from 5 megaton to 50 megaton however typically modern nukes have got smaller due to more accurate guidance and a desire for faster delivery.

If you’re far enough away then you need only to protect your air supply from radioactive fallout , have a supply of clean food and water , and have your shelter covered with at least a metre of soil or 60 cm of concrete to block neutron and gamma radiation.

I can design and manufacture one to suit your location but how much do you have to spend and for how many people ?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

seatard

Re: Bunker building in WA??

Post by seatard » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:53 pm

Depends on what you want to use it for. Whether it be for storage or for safety. And on what soil it will be in. Clay is stronger and water will travel through it as easily as sand but it also contains more minerals that will speed up rusting.

Sea containers can be used but they have there flaws, they done keep out water as well, prone to rusting and structurally not strong to be buried very deep.

Atlas bunkers in the US build with corrugated galvanised pipe. They handle rust and are more waterproof and the cylinder shape spreads the weight load evenly and can have up to 10 feet of sand on top of it. In Australia they are used as culverts and drainage.

I have a plan that I’m working on for later down the track when I have a property that incorporates sea containers and joining them together

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

ShermanCop

Bunker building in WA

Post by ShermanCop » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:08 am

A fund would be a good idea as long as it does not cost a lot on your property taxes. You have to also remember that if a fund is set up there will be staff to pay to administer that fund.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links