Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

Whats going on?

Something big happening we all need to know about here or abroad. Tell us all about it.
Grumpy
Posts in topic: 1

Whats going on?

Post by Grumpy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:30 pm

Whats going on ?

Assuming one is not psychic how will you know the SHHTF ?
Lets say you wake up one morning how would you know the SHXT has hit the fan
Do you listen to the radio on a regular basis?
Do you watch the telly/news on a regular basis/
Do you spend time on the net on a regular basis

If the telly/radio/internet go's down do you have any other means of gathering information?

Would you know if it was the end of the world and why, a truck into high tension power lines might do it, an alien invasion, might have done it, an EMP might have done it or maybe a solar flare.
Do you have a checklist and an independent source of information/

I keep a scanner I can hook up to my base station antenna and scan all frequencies from 2khz to 2ghz and many modes but not digital
This will tell my much about what is going on or not going on and I back it up with a large log book to log everything that is there plus what should be there but is not

What do you have to gather intel when all the regular sources are down?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

John

Re: Whats going on?

Post by John » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:14 pm

I guess if the internet radio An tv broadcast goes down I’m going to have nothing other than a uhf radio I think a good scanner would be a good idea to have on hand for a situation like that.
Definitely giving me something to think about An do a bit of research on great topic

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MikeA

Re: Whats going on?

Post by MikeA » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:17 am

Something to think about.
I suppose for me, its about keeping my ear to the ground. What's happening not only here in Oz but globally. Civil unrest, global money markets, political instability, those sort of things.
I use the internet as a source, not trusting the mass media as such. Contact with people across the globe gives me some insight.
As far as waking up tomorrow in a SHTF situation, I don't see many scenarios where that would be a reality. I think there is fair warning on most things

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links