Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

Frostbite's retreat

What's on your mind? Lets get the community talking.
Vessels&Valves
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Frostbite's retreat

Post by Vessels&Valves » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:48 pm

Beautiful job Frostbite , i would be doing the same if i had the money .

One small thing for your list is maybe cut back the long grass under the containers and lay some roadbase / gravel or similar for a few metres all around to stop combustible fuel from growing back for bushfire prevention. ( shipping containers have plywood flooring folks)

do you have leaf gaurds on the guttering to stop burning leaves dropping in the gutters ?

One of the bushfires i survived had burning eucalyptus leaves dropping on my roof from a fire front 2 - 3 kilometres away...

big thumbs up mate.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Frostbite
Posts in topic: 21

Re: Frostbite's retreat

Post by Frostbite » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:31 pm

Thanks for the comments V&V. The grass under the containers in very short. It doesn't get any sun to grow. We mow all around the containers and cabin regularly. I don't have leaf guard in the gutters, but I have filled all the gaps between the corrugated metal so no embers can enter the wall cavity. Also all the flyscreens have steel mesh to help prevent ember attack.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links