Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

EMP

Whats do you think is going to happen most and what have you prepared for?
PrepperPete
Posts in topic: 1

EMP

Post by PrepperPete » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:17 pm

I've been prepping for an EMP event. I think, regardless of emergency, learning to live without power (electricity) is a good way to cover many possible events. I've tried to learn old-fashioned gardening techniques and preserving techniques; as well as survival skills such as fire starting. I need someone to teach me to fish and hunt.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Posts in topic: 2

Re: EMP

Post by Keith » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:51 am

PrepperPete wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:17 pm
I've been prepping for an EMP event. I think, regardless of emergency, learning to live without power (electricity) is a good way to cover many possible events. I've tried to learn old-fashioned gardening techniques and preserving techniques; as well as survival skills such as fire starting. I need someone to teach me to fish and hunt.
To be frank, I think global warming will happen before an EMP strike. I totally agree with your prepping ideas though, climate change is likely to cause a massive overload on the grid & preparing for no electricity is a good move. We lived for over 20 years with no electricity, & have been off grid since cyclone Tracey hit in 74. We are living in New England NSW now, but are still off grid & will remain so.
Learning to hunt & fish is good, but I recommend that you learn how to make traps & how to run a trap line. This will supply you with meat far easier than hunting will.
Check out my video channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/historical ... subscriber Any questions, just ask.
Keith.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Bug
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Bug » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:31 pm

The prepper response to EMP and Global Warming is essentially the same. Food, water, defence.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:22 am

Bug wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:31 pm
The prepper response to EMP and Global Warming is essentially the same. Food, water, defence.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links