Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

Hello from Sydney

Just got here? What are you prepping for? Let us know a little about you and why you're here
laura.fernandez
Posts in topic: 1

Hello from Sydney

Post by laura.fernandez » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:32 am

Hi there. Recently joined. I guess I could be considered an ideological prepper. As in I think about it a lot. But haven’t really done much formal prepping. However the latest IPCC report has me shook and so I’m considering next steps in prepping for a slow burn into SHYF due to climate change. As moving from Sydney is not an option atm and as I have a young family, I’d appreciate any practical advice from experienced people. I’d also like to hear about what the prepping community is doing/planning to do to manage the forecasted impact? . Eg sea level rise is a slow impact. So is climate average changes. I feel a bit like the frog in the slowing warming water.

Lcferna

Live and learn. Learn and Live.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MasterChief
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Hello from Sydney

Post by MasterChief » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:39 pm

Hey there laura and welcome aboard.

You mention you have not done much to start...interesting...this weekend we did not have water to our suburban home for 16 hours.

being a weekend that's when we do a lot fo cleaning.

We had stored drinking water so we could have coffee, brush teeth, wash faces etc., and we have tank water so we could wash dishes, clothes, clean and mop the home.

When the water finally came back on, people in the street were 'joyous' out of their houses literally celebrating... :roll:

So I'd suggest you start with sorting your water and food for a few months. Start slowly and build up a store over time, just do it regularly and in a few months, you'll be miles ahead of your neighbours and far better prepared.

Also, consider.
  • BACK up gas bottles for BBQ's - so you can cook, boil water etc.
  • Solar generation kits for small device charging, rechargeable battery charging
  • headlamps with rechargeable batteries
  • Get a BUg our bag sorted - for every person ib the family - again start slowly to avoid a huge economic burden, but do it regularly
Here's what's in mine:
https://australianpreppers.com.au/whats ... g-out-bag/

. Keep it Simple Stupid, Survive.
Have you told us "What Are You Prepping for? yet?"
Introduce yourself to the community

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links