Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

Are The Global Warming Unbelievers Prepared To Risk the Quality of Life of Their Grandchildren?

What's on your mind? Lets get the community talking.
Frostbite
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Are The Global Warming Unbelievers Prepared To Risk the Quality of Life of Their Grandchildren?

Post by Frostbite » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:35 pm

If the 4 wheels of a car could generate the same amount of power as it takes to drive the wheels then you would have perpetual motion. A solar panel would only be required to start the car and run lights and electronics.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Grumpy

Re: Are The Global Warming Unbelievers Prepared To Risk the Quality of Life of Their Grandchildren?

Post by Grumpy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:53 pm

Perpetual motion is dependant on a zero loss system and we cant do that yet.
Make it work by using energy from it and it aint a perpetual system any more

Maybe find a low energy way of splitting water to H2 and O then motors will run on water.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Bug

Post by Bug » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:10 pm

Sir Eoin O'Fada wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:12 pm
Electric cars with solar panels on the roof would have to be a monster car, but very light, to keep going, then what about cloudy days?
Solar panels are getting better every year. They still generate on cloudy days, just nowhere near as much. It's the advances in batteries that are really going to matter here. They're still sitting at a couple of percent improvement each year. Perhaps the soaring demand from electricity utilities and people putting them in their homes will drive improvements.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Bug

Post by Bug » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:12 pm

Kit wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:29 am
I’ve supported and taken action in many things over the years (since I was in primary school) to try to minimise the harm humans do to the planet. All I’ve seen is continued disinterest by governments to act in any way responsible. No matter what we do now I believe we’ve messed the planet up beyond repair while humans still exist, but I agree that we should still do all we can regardless. It certainly can’t make things worse to try, after all.
Same same. When you see so many people knowingly drive polluting vehicles when there are better alternatives, litter when they are right next to a bin, build freeways instead of rail lines, I don't think we have a hope in hell of averting global warming. If people won't even do the easy things to change that are relatively low cost, then the serious decisions needed to avoid this are not going to happen.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Keith » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:16 pm

Bug wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:10 pm
Sir Eoin O'Fada wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:12 pm
Electric cars with solar panels on the roof would have to be a monster car, but very light, to keep going, then what about cloudy days?
Solar panels are getting better every year. They still generate on cloudy days, just nowhere near as much. It's the advances in batteries that are really going to matter here. They're still sitting at a couple of percent improvement each year. Perhaps the soaring demand from electricity utilities and people putting them in their homes will drive improvements.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Keith » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:18 pm

Bug wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:12 pm
Kit wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:29 am
I’ve supported and taken action in many things over the years (since I was in primary school) to try to minimise the harm humans do to the planet. All I’ve seen is continued disinterest by governments to act in any way responsible. No matter what we do now I believe we’ve messed the planet up beyond repair while humans still exist, but I agree that we should still do all we can regardless. It certainly can’t make things worse to try, after all.
Same same. When you see so many people knowingly drive polluting vehicles when there are better alternatives, litter when they are right next to a bin, build freeways instead of rail lines, I don't think we have a hope in hell of averting global warming. If people won't even do the easy things to change that are relatively low cost, then the serious decisions needed to avoid this are not going to happen.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links