Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

Are The Global Warming Unbelievers Prepared To Risk the Quality of Life of Their Grandchildren?

What's on your mind? Lets get the community talking.
User avatar
Keith
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 534
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:39 pm

Are The Global Warming Unbelievers Prepared To Risk the Quality of Life of Their Grandchildren?

Post by Keith » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:01 pm

My belief in global warming/climate change is this; what possible harm can it do to try & stop pollution & contamination of this planet? Alternately, what good will it do to ignore it because of your personal beliefs? It seems to me that we have a lot to gain by acting on climate change because it will mean breathing cleaner air, less respiratory diseases for young & old, cleaner water supplies, safer food supplies. What have we got to lose?
Keith.
https://youtu.be/pJ1HRGA8g10


Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/
Image

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Paul
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Are The Global Warming Unbelievers Prepared To Risk the Quality of Life of Their Grandchildren?

Post by Paul » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:53 pm

The answer obvious. Self indulgence dos'nt include friends or family. Live now ftw. Unfortunately.



Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Kit
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:43 pm

Re: Are The Global Warming Unbelievers Prepared To Risk the Quality of Life of Their Grandchildren?

Post by Kit » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:29 am

I’ve supported and taken action in many things over the years (since I was in primary school) to try to minimise the harm humans do to the planet. All I’ve seen is continued disinterest by governments to act in any way responsible. No matter what we do now I believe we’ve messed the planet up beyond repair while humans still exist, but I agree that we should still do all we can regardless. It certainly can’t make things worse to try, after all.



Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar
Keith
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 534
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:39 pm

Re: Are The Global Warming Unbelievers Prepared To Risk the Quality of Life of Their Grandchildren?

Post by Keith » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:31 am

Paul wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:53 pm
The answer obvious. Self indulgence dos'nt include friends or family. Live now ftw. Unfortunately.
Kit wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:29 am
I’ve supported and taken action in many things over the years (since I was in primary school) to try to minimise the harm humans do to the planet. All I’ve seen is continued disinterest by governments to act in any way responsible. No matter what we do now I believe we’ve messed the planet up beyond repair while humans still exist, but I agree that we should still do all we can regardless. It certainly can’t make things worse to try, after all.
Totally agree with you both, depressing isn't it?!
Keith.


Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/
Image

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar
MasterChief
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 134
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:45 pm
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: Are The Global Warming Unbelievers Prepared To Risk the Quality of Life of Their Grandchildren?

Post by MasterChief » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:30 pm

@Keith, That video is sobering. :evil:

We need to eliminate the political argument and get on with it. :cry:

Yes I still drive cars, but they are smaller (4 cylinders) cars NOT those 8 cylinder monster European and gas guzzling ones driven by the mothers picking up their children at primary school - They have young children but when consider their choices for cars they don't even consider the pollution they are creating.

Someone turns up to school with peanut butter and its a catastrophe and on their way to complain they spew 8 cylinder rubbish into the atmosphere to get there to complain. Heads up arses.


Unless you dont drive we are all hypcroties

Yes I will install solar, and its a fair wack-o-cash to do so, with battery storage and the AusGov needs to get behind this if we have a hope and heavily subsidise to be a world leader.


My IDEA
Every new home or major renovation in Australia should be legislated to install SOLAR to 4-5k/w - that way the stock of new homes - over time grows, reduces the cost for those with an existing home to get it installed as well and we break the dependence on coal.

Snowy Hydro 2 is not due to come online until 2025-ish, and even then maybe we get another million homes only.


. Keep it Simple Stupid, Survive.
Have you told us "What Are You Prepping for? yet?"
Introduce yourself to the community

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Grumpy
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 83
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:44 pm

Re: Are The Global Warming Unbelievers Prepared To Risk the Quality of Life of Their Grandchildren?

Post by Grumpy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:53 pm

My belief in global warming/climate change is this; what possible harm can it do to try & stop pollution & contamination of this planet? Alternately, what good will it do to ignore it because of your personal beliefs? It seems to me that we have a lot to gain by acting on climate change because it will mean breathing cleaner air, less respiratory diseases for young & old, cleaner water supplies, safer food supplies. What have we got to lose?
Keith.

I do not have a Belief!
I do think that the whole world should clean up its act re pollution, I do my bit by never chucking anything out the car window etc and putting recyclables in the right bins,

But I draw the line at stupid stuff like washing out plastic bottles to recycle etc
Every year some talking head wants us to do more and more because of there little efforts to be green, I don't mind being asked but I object to being told!

Same as this retarded load of bollocks that is global warming!
All these people believe then they denigrate and insult any who do not agree using words like UNbeliever, Denier, heretic and claiming it is settled and refusing to discuss it as the science is "Settled" etc
Believers have elevated Global warming to Holy, religious levels
As with all religions there is NO hard science just faith.

Really sick of this bollocks Fifty years plus and there is nothing to show for global warming unless the numbers are fiddled with and they have been fiddled with.

I am really sick of these religions being thrust down my throat
If it is not islam using guns and bombs it is Christianity damning me with morality and now global warmers using torture and theft!

Cant you religious nutters keep all that stuff to yourselves and leave the rest of us alone?



Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar
Keith
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 534
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:39 pm

Re: Are The Global Warming Unbelievers Prepared To Risk the Quality of Life of Their Grandchildren?

Post by Keith » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:46 am

MasterChief wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:30 pm
@Keith, That video is sobering. :evil:

We need to eliminate the political argument and get on with it. :cry:

Yes I still drive cars, but they are smaller (4 cylinders) cars NOT those 8 cylinder monster European and gas guzzling ones driven by the mothers picking up their children at primary school - They have young children but when consider their choices for cars they don't even consider the pollution they are creating.

Someone turns up to school with peanut butter and its a catastrophe and on their way to complain they spew 8 cylinder rubbish into the atmosphere to get there to complain. Heads up arses.


Unless you dont drive we are all hypcroties

Yes I will install solar, and its a fair wack-o-cash to do so, with battery storage and the AusGov needs to get behind this if we have a hope and heavily subsidise to be a world leader.


My IDEA
Every new home or major renovation in Australia should be legislated to install SOLAR to 4-5k/w - that way the stock of new homes - over time grows, reduces the cost for those with an existing home to get it installed as well and we break the dependence on coal.

Snowy Hydro 2 is not due to come online until 2025-ish, and even then maybe we get another million homes only.
I agree, we have to do the very best we can with what we have to work with. If we could afford to get an electric 4WD that will get us through the flooded creeks & do the distance, then we would, but right now we do not have an alternative to our diesel vehicles given what we have to do. However, we use these vehicles as little as possible, & our forest that we live in off grid cancels out our family's carbon footprint. We are constantly keeping in mind that we need to do more. Not too long ago I replaced a petrol driven water pump with an electric one which runs off our solar power. In the long run this saves us money, & it helps the environment.

I think that every new home should be equipped with solar power as part of the original construction.

Frankly, going back to the horse & cart days would not worry me at all, I would love it, but the way the world is now we just can't do that. The world needs to change, & if humans don't make that change, nature will change it for us!
Keith.


Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/
Image

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar
Frostbite
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Are The Global Warming Unbelievers Prepared To Risk the Quality of Life of Their Grandchildren?

Post by Frostbite » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:06 pm

Electric cars are a marketing con. They actually run off coal. 85% of the power coming out of a grid connected power point is generated by coal. So that hybrid car isn't very environmentally friendly, is it?



Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar
Keith
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 534
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:39 pm

Re: Are The Global Warming Unbelievers Prepared To Risk the Quality of Life of Their Grandchildren?

Post by Keith » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:21 pm

Frostbite wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:06 pm
Electric cars are a marketing con. They actually run off coal. 85% of the power coming out of a grid connected power point is generated by coal. So that hybrid car isn't very environmentally friendly, is it?
I agree Frostbite, but if such an animal existed that would suit our purpose, we would be running it from solar power. I believe there are some electric cars now with solar on the roof of the vehicle.
Keith.


Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/
Image

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Sir Eoin O'Fada
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:08 am

Re: Are The Global Warming Unbelievers Prepared To Risk the Quality of Life of Their Grandchildren?

Post by Sir Eoin O'Fada » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:12 pm

Electric cars with solar panels on the roof would have to be a monster car, but very light, to keep going, then what about cloudy days?



Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post