Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

Are The Global Warming Unbelievers Prepared To Risk the Quality of Life of Their Grandchildren?

What's on your mind? Lets get the community talking.
Keith
Posts in topic: 2

Are The Global Warming Unbelievers Prepared To Risk the Quality of Life of Their Grandchildren?

Post by Keith » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:01 pm

My belief in global warming/climate change is this; what possible harm can it do to try & stop pollution & contamination of this planet? Alternately, what good will it do to ignore it because of your personal beliefs? It seems to me that we have a lot to gain by acting on climate change because it will mean breathing cleaner air, less respiratory diseases for young & old, cleaner water supplies, safer food supplies. What have we got to lose?
Keith.
https://youtu.be/pJ1HRGA8g10

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Paul
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Are The Global Warming Unbelievers Prepared To Risk the Quality of Life of Their Grandchildren?

Post by Paul » Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:53 pm

The answer obvious. Self indulgence dos'nt include friends or family. Live now ftw. Unfortunately.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Kit

Re: Are The Global Warming Unbelievers Prepared To Risk the Quality of Life of Their Grandchildren?

Post by Kit » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:29 am

I’ve supported and taken action in many things over the years (since I was in primary school) to try to minimise the harm humans do to the planet. All I’ve seen is continued disinterest by governments to act in any way responsible. No matter what we do now I believe we’ve messed the planet up beyond repair while humans still exist, but I agree that we should still do all we can regardless. It certainly can’t make things worse to try, after all.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:31 am

Paul wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:53 pm
The answer obvious. Self indulgence dos'nt include friends or family. Live now ftw. Unfortunately.
Kit wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:29 am
I’ve supported and taken action in many things over the years (since I was in primary school) to try to minimise the harm humans do to the planet. All I’ve seen is continued disinterest by governments to act in any way responsible. No matter what we do now I believe we’ve messed the planet up beyond repair while humans still exist, but I agree that we should still do all we can regardless. It certainly can’t make things worse to try, after all.
Totally agree with you both, depressing isn't it?!
Keith.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MasterChief
Site Admin

Post by MasterChief » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:30 pm

@Keith, That video is sobering. :evil:

We need to eliminate the political argument and get on with it. :cry:

Yes I still drive cars, but they are smaller (4 cylinders) cars NOT those 8 cylinder monster European and gas guzzling ones driven by the mothers picking up their children at primary school - They have young children but when consider their choices for cars they don't even consider the pollution they are creating.

Someone turns up to school with peanut butter and its a catastrophe and on their way to complain they spew 8 cylinder rubbish into the atmosphere to get there to complain. Heads up arses.

Unless you dont drive we are all hypcroties

Yes I will install solar, and its a fair wack-o-cash to do so, with battery storage and the AusGov needs to get behind this if we have a hope and heavily subsidise to be a world leader.

My IDEA
Every new home or major renovation in Australia should be legislated to install SOLAR to 4-5k/w - that way the stock of new homes - over time grows, reduces the cost for those with an existing home to get it installed as well and we break the dependence on coal.

Snowy Hydro 2 is not due to come online until 2025-ish, and even then maybe we get another million homes only.

. Keep it Simple Stupid, Survive.
Have you told us "What Are You Prepping for? yet?"
Introduce yourself to the community

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links