Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

Survival guideline for beginners

Choose your own (Survival) Adventure - Scenarios. We want your scenarios ad your input. Propose a scenario and let the community tell you how they would survive in your world.
JackSurvivor
Posts in topic: 1

Survival guideline for beginners

Post by JackSurvivor » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:21 am

Hello there! I've been interested in survival skills since I was a teenager, my best friend came to me looking for advice because he wanted to learn some survival information and skills. Unfortunately, we live in different cities and I can't teach him anything face to face. I looked up on Internet any survival guide for beginners and I found this one http://crisissurvivortips.com/hatchets- ... s-culture/ which seemed to me pretty good to start. It is about basics ideas of what is important to start stockpiling because it would be useful for personal use or bartering with others survivors. The guide mentions some crucial items like food (seeds and hard grain, also get some chickens or ducks), fresh water (with a proper filter system), material like axes or hatcher and for last, the guidelines recommend to learn some useful skills like knitting or crocheting, hand-sewing, plumbing or basic building engineering and crafting, woodwork. What do you think about it? Would you apply these tips?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Paul
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Survival guideline for beginners

Post by Paul » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:43 pm

JackSurvivor wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:21 am
Hello there! I've been interested in survival skills since I was a teenager, my best friend came to me looking for advice because he wanted to learn some survival information and skills. Unfortunately, we live in different cities and I can't teach him anything face to face. I looked up on Internet any survival guide for beginners and I found this one http://crisissurvivortips.com/hatchets- ... s-culture/ which seemed to me pretty good to start. It is about basics ideas of what is important to start stockpiling because it would be useful for personal use or bartering with others survivors. The guide mentions some crucial items like food (seeds and hard grain, also get some chickens or ducks), fresh water (with a proper filter system), material like axes or hatcher and for last, the guidelines recommend to learn some useful skills like knitting or crocheting, hand-sewing, plumbing or basic building engineering and crafting, woodwork. What do you think about it? Would you apply these tips?
All are good my only concern is bartering could get you killed. My rule is minimum contact with people. Hard to trust in a shtf scenario every one will be desperate and dangerous.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MasterChief
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Post by MasterChief » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:16 pm

Paul wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:43 pm
All are good my only concern is bartering could get you killed. My rule is minimum contact with people. Hard to trust in a shtf scenario every one will be desperate and dangerous.
If you were out of food/water or needed medical attention would you barter? Would you take the risk to (maybe) survive? :shock:

. Keep it Simple Stupid, Survive.
Have you told us "What Are You Prepping for? yet?"
Introduce yourself to the community

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Paul
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Paul » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:05 pm

MasterChief wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:16 pm
Paul wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:43 pm
If you were out of food/water or needed medical attention would you barter? Would you take the risk to (maybe) survive? :shock:
My plan dos'nt include being within easy access to others . Should i fail i die. Compare to access to contact with others i believe my death would be more peaceful and painless alone than possibility of shot or stabbed being left to die or beaten to death. Lack of food or water my fault and infection that gets to bad, of which all i can end at my own choice . PEACEFULLY.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MasterChief
Site Admin

Post by MasterChief » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:40 pm

Paul, what I like is that you're clear on this. No delusions :)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MasterChief
Site Admin

Post by MasterChief » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:42 pm

Hey JackSurvivor, you might want to check this post on the forum for some other free books too: :D

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=27&hilit=books

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links