Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

The Flintlock Pistol.

'Nuff said. Lets talk.
Frostbite
Posts in topic: 1

Re: The Flintlock Pistol.

Post by Frostbite » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:04 pm

There was a good reason why bushrangers carried multiple pistols. Speed of reloading wasn't one of them.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Keith » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:48 am

Bug wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:57 pm
What does one of the antique ones cost?
Depends on the firearm itself Bug, longarm or pistol, flintlock or percussion, & of course its condition. They can be very inexpensive, a couple of hundred dollars, mine is in excellent condition, & flintlock pistols tend to be more expensive. Mine cost me two & a half thousand. For me, well worth the price. Don't forget that after the shtf, in a lawless society, you could cut down any longarm into a pistol.
Keith.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Bug
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Bug » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:58 pm

Keith wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:48 am
Bug wrote:
Depends on the firearm itself Bug, longarm or pistol, flintlock or percussion, & of course its condition. They can be very inexpensive, a couple of hundred dollars, mine is in excellent condition, & flintlock pistols tend to be more expensive. Mine cost me two & a half thousand. For me, well worth the price. Don't forget that after the shtf, in a lawless society, you could cut down any longarm into a pistol.
Keith.
I have a longarm that would very easily cut down to a pistol and still retain its full rate of fire. But that's illegal and a one way conversion. I'd rather have a legit flintlock. I love the historical stuff, and it's useful in a SHTF scenario too. Personally I'd rather get shot with a rifle than a musket. No need for multiple shots when the home invader has become something resembling a meat doughnut.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Keith » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:04 am

Bug wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:58 pm
Keith wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:48 am
Bug wrote:
Keith.
I have a longarm that would very easily cut down to a pistol and still retain its full rate of fire. But that's illegal and a one way conversion. I'd rather have a legit flintlock. I love the historical stuff, and it's useful in a SHTF scenario too. Personally I'd rather get shot with a rifle than a musket. No need for multiple shots when the home invader has become something resembling a meat doughnut.
Totally agree Bug.
Keith.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links