Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

Show Us Your Favourite Clasp Knife/Knives

What have you got, what are you looking for, where do you get it, recommendations, reviews and offers.
Keith
Posts in topic: 3

Show Us Your Favourite Clasp Knife/Knives

Post by Keith » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:21 am

For Xmas two of my sons both gave me an Opinel friction blade clasp knife, a number 8 & a number 10. The #8 I carry in my pocket all the time, the #10 lives in my bug out pack. These are without a doubt the best clasp knives I have ever used, & I have used many over the years. They are light, robust, easy to use, have a lockable blade, & they are sharp!
Keith.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Paul
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Show Us Your Favourite Clasp Knife/Knives

Post by Paul » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:02 pm

Must admit heard alot of good reviews on these knives and the day i come across one ,will more than likely buy one. But in saying that i pretty much swing to knives where the steel goes through the handle. As this is probably much lazier way of repair , convenience has its merits .

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

notasyoung
Posts in topic: 1

Post by notasyoung » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:52 pm

My general pocket knife is small, a Gerber 6580512A. Single blade, maintains a good edge, is light, small, and handy... I have bigger knives, better knives, Old timer ringers pocket knives, survival knives etc., but this one just suites for those times when you just need a pocket knife!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith

Post by Keith » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:33 am

Paul wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:02 pm
Must admit heard alot of good reviews on these knives and the day i come across one ,will more than likely buy one. But in saying that i pretty much swing to knives where the steel goes through the handle. As this is probably much lazier way of repair , convenience has its merits .
Fixed blade knives obviously have a place, I carry a hunting knife & a legging knife, both fixed blades. But the clasp knife is always in my pocket, it is used for camp chores, making a kettle hook, crafting trap triggers, cutting cordage etc. If one in an outdoors person, or even if you are not but have to go bush anyway, it is always a good idea to carry more than one knife, & always a good idea to carry a good clasp knife.
Keith.

Robert Frost.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith

Post by Keith » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:38 am

notasyoung wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:52 pm
My general pocket knife is small, a Gerber 6580512A. Single blade, maintains a good edge, is light, small, and handy... I have bigger knives, better knives, Old timer ringers pocket knives, survival knives etc., but this one just suites for those times when you just need a pocket knife!

Robert Frost.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links