Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

Whats your worst case scenario your prepared for?

Whats do you think is going to happen most and what have you prepared for?
Paul
Posts in topic: 3

Whats your worst case scenario your prepared for?

Post by Paul » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:52 pm

Seriously and realistic.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Benarkin-Rebel
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Whats your worst case scenario your prepared for?

Post by Benarkin-Rebel » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:05 pm

Paul wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:52 pm
Seriously and realistic.
The chances are not everyone will be thinking along the same line,
As there are a multitude of worst case scenarios,
There are for starters,

Nature’s way of getting back at man:
Earthquakes: (after all) Australia sits on a plate, so apart from the ring of fire, which could be devastating for the eastern side of Australia, (little fact here- at high altitudes in the blue mountains NSW many sea shells have been found, that are not fossilised, so really not that old in terms of man on this planet), now that must have been one hell of a wave, obviously created by the ring of fire) and the ring of fire is become quite active latterly,
Then we have, Volcanoes – Krakatau, was the last supper volcano that happened in 1883, it was heard around the world they say, it is becoming alive again, and there is another one in Indonesia called Toba, it’s said to be larger than Yellowstone, and is believed to have nearly wiped mankind out over 75.000 years ago: Well the bad news is its showing signs of becoming very active again: http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2015/06/i ... -eruption/
In actual fact, though its not talked about a lot, and deliberately kept out of the lying MSM, Indonesia is a ticking time bomb, that could blow anytime: guaranteeing what’s called a nuclear winter for many years, which man is not prepared for:
Then we have Meteors and I guess we can class them as natural disasters, latterly there have been many near misses, in fact there is another due soon that could be classed as an extinction event: and you are not going to be told: serfs must keep working just in case it misses, no need for a panic while the elite is running for cover,
Then there is the grand daddy of them all, The SUN, which affects everything on the planet. It creates the earthquakes with sunspots, and with these earthquakes – many volcanoes are waking up. Then there is the Killer EMP, and solar storms that have happened in the past, The Carrington flare, being the last devastating one, on record, the damage it did, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_storm_of_1859 and just this year as well as few times last year, we just missed a much larger one than the Carrington event, (which in itself with modern day electronics would have brought the world to a standstill, and taken millions of lives: now had this been full on earth facing http://watchfortheday.org/flare.html
It was a kill shot, for all life as we know it, and the flare lasted quite a while and depending on its density the whole earth would have felt it, :
The latest problem arising for Man is The Pole Shift, no longer classed as a conspiracy, because the paid Scientists can no longer hide it: its playing havoc all around the world, and Africa has become a hot bed for the activity: its very worrying, as the shift can happen within seconds, there is so much proof of this from the past, were Lava when it solidifies has locked within the lava the magnet field of the earth at the time. And from this they know, when the poles shift, the world is in for one hell of a wild ride, as the inner iron core being a large dynamo is affected, http://sciencefactz.com/a-mysterious-an ... tic-field/
Though the paid scientists, have to keep the fear notch down, as the truth must never be revealed, even though there is abundant evidence to show the reversal can take minutes if not seconds, as found in Siberia, with frozen woolly mammoths, with buttercups and grass still in their mouths and guts, instantly frozen: in fact there was a movie: the day after though not pointing to a pole shift but more of a supper weather phenomena, were supper cells brought the coldness from the upper stratosphere down to earth instantly freezing all in its path:

Then we have the manmade disasters, (let’s forget the crap about carbon emissions) the global warming has nothing to do with man, it belongs up with Nature and natural solar problems, (as real scientists have found that our planets within our solar system are also heating up, (and I can guarantee they are not created by man) it was a scam to raise tax’s for the parasites on humanity:
The Man mad SHTF scenarios:
Are quite easy to see,:
Being a WAR like creature that gets its rocks off killing and stealing, the first one that should be on the top of the list is Thermonuclear war: capable of bring about, a Nuclear winter, with all the dust thrown into the upper atmosphere, the temperatures will plummet killing all crops, freezing most of the planet, denying the animal kingdom of food, that includes us, (similar to what will happen if many volcanoes at once start erupting)
Then you have the other way man has been perfecting to kill his fellow man - (Biological war) were that; as well as the thermonuclear war, require a whole different approach to survival: both bring invisible death, Radiation, and contamination, were as radiation can be minimised, providing you know what you are doing or suppose to do, and you can still offer support to those injured, though you are surrounded by destruction,
Whereas Biological is a whole different area, no one will want to be near any people, animals, even edible plans and water will be a great concern, for the fear of contamination is very real, Ebola, and other body contact ones can be averted, but pathogens that are air born, that are not short term, can hang about in enclosed places, just taking shelter could mean death,
So how do you prepare for this, (Twelve monkeys) showed how easy it is to wipe nearly the whole world out in a matter of days: just by taking a highly contagious pathogen with a one to two week incubation period, that is long term and absolutely fatal, with no cure: to a main air port, like London, and letting it loose, being one of the busiest air ports in the world, connecting to all major airports’ in the world, and all airports have connections to smaller airports so guaranteeing its dispersal around the world in less than two days. (That is how out of control things can become).
Possibly each scenario should be looked at closely,
and then look for common factors in each case, were you could prepare to possibly survive.
and from this you can come up with a survival plan that just may stand a chance for the worst case scenarios,
as they say prepare for the worst and hope for the best:
And we have not really covered the economic collapse that is for sure coming that will result in WW3, in fact many of the different scenarios above will have a knock on affect.

The greatest problem with any SHTF scenario, there is seldom any warnings, and even when there is , they are ignored, till it happens:

Never Give Up: or stop trying

LODAT = Living One Day At a Time

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Paul

Post by Paul » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:17 pm

Excellent point of view and detailed reply thankyou. The only thing I can see is update needed on nuclear winter and same possible scenario for volcanoes as these beliefs of affects have been reviewed and updated actually down grading affects. Eg nuclear winter to nuclear autumn.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Benarkin-Rebel

Post by Benarkin-Rebel » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:57 pm

Paul wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:17 pm
Excellent point of view and detailed reply thankyou. The only thing I can see is update needed on nuclear winter and same possible scenario for volcanoes as these beliefs of affects have been reviewed and updated actually down grading affects. Eg nuclear winter to nuclear autumn.
I am hesitant to do that due mostly to the fact, that we have more paid for scientists, than real scientists:
As shown by many downgraded vies by supposed scientists, as well as outlandish claims by paid for scientists , who are fed the outcome, and are paid to come up with a plausible finding to suit it:
I lost faith in the supposed education system many years ago, twenty or more, when education was replaced by indoctrination, and rewards and fancy pieces of paper were handed out to those who could repeat what they were brain fed. (no thinking required) in fact any queries or challenges would guarantee a fail:
Point :
app 10 years ago, the Radiation scale was altered (downgraded they say) as humans can now tolerate more radiation? (WTF) those that are educated know for a Fact Radiation is accumulative: just like mercury, which for some strange reason is OK now, They both Destroy life, but now the paid for scientist have come up with a paid for study geared to suit the answer, an answer wanted by the evil ones, then pushed by the Lying MSM,
and I wont go into global warming: --- that was pure insanity to blame man for, but it did make trillions of dollars for the parasites, due to the coverage it got, and the sheeple going along with it:
So I am afraid I cannot for the life of me, believe in a nuclear autumn, and I most certainly would not plan for it:
No I will fully believe in a nuclear winter, "and it will be slow", Not instantly, it will be compounding each year, for when temperature's don't recover as they should, a cooling affect sets in it the knock on affect, and when the skies do clear it will take time to recover.
The instant freezing will come from extreme weather cells that not only will be large but will be high, and once that cell can suck the temperature in the low minus 200 degrees Celsius from the upper stratosphere down to earth , it will not only snap freeze all in its path, it will turn steel brittle, the consensuses of many educated scientist, believe this has happened, many times in the past, and it lends credence to the fact of animals instantly being frozen in place like the mammoth in the far Tundras, and Siberia, and the only reason the y are still around was because of the frozen waste lands, that are now thawing out, revealing this evidence: all reminisce else were would have been lost in time, with the thawing that took place, over the planet, but still locked in place at the poles.

LODAT = Living One Day At a Time

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Paul

Post by Paul » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:36 pm

Well you got me stumped, governments globally dodgy with money paying everybody off. Lies and deceitful intentions. I guess it just comes down to trying to survive in the end, and death is a given anyway.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Oz judge
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Oz judge » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:35 pm

Not really prepared for the worst case scenario, but I'm fairly well prepared for most things short of thermonuclear & biological warfare. Basically shtf / lawlessness every man for themselves scenario I'll be ok. I'm the guy that everyone will flock too if shit becomes real. So I'm kinda torn between bug out or in. But my gut tells me the so called authorities will be looking for the clans shit. In my area I'm well connected to the good guys with guns & outdoors knowledge . I have been dreaming of being a part in our own people's militia for a very long time. & have a zero tolerance towards thugs & Crims. Bring it on :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

KI_Lisa

Post by KI_Lisa » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:32 am

TEOTWAWKI. There could be many causal factors which lead to this, details of them dont nterest me. Society is so fragile, people so weak and clueless, isolation is into your only chance. There will be no fuel, so the ferry will stop. Hopefully all cars will too. Other people, desperate hungry scared trespassers will be my biggest problem. I hope my son and his friends (adf/police) are able to get off the mainland to come and help protect the property/animals. I know which neigbors I can trust, and have room for some. Having a network of farmers and LDS people means no one will go hungry. Medical treatment, physical and mental, for the elderly ones will be a concern, especially when their drugs all run out. The first 12 months will be difficult. Then it will get easier. There will be a certain peace without electronic comms, tv, radio. I already grow/kill just about every thing I eat, so not much will change there. Securuty is my only fear. I will breed more dogs, have the gun on hand all the time. I only have hunting guns, considering getting a handgun licence. I need a big battery bank for the solar system. Fuel will be too valuable to put in the generator, we will save it for the chainsaw Life will be very different. Part of me looks forward to it, rather than fear it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith

Post by Keith » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:58 pm

Paul wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:52 pm
Seriously and realistic.
I think we are prepared for anything that can realistically be survived. We are not prepared for nuclear war or nuclear fallout from a power station, anything else I think we can handle. We have to re arrange all our garden beds & purchase more shade cloth if we are going to get through the early stages of global warming, which is effecting us now. Too late right now, but come winter we will be making changes. Parts of our garden are literally burning now, as in the leaves are just drying right out!
We will also be getting more water tanks.
Ultimately of course I can't see anyone surviving climate change, but my wife & I will be dead by then anyway. As for our sons & grandchildren, we can't do anymore than what we will be leaving them in regards to our off grid home. I can't see our great grandchildren, if there are any, surviving. Not a pleasant thought.
Keith.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Grumpy

Post by Grumpy » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:46 pm

in fact there was a movie: the day after though not pointing to a pole shift but more of a supper weather phenomena, were supper cells brought the coldness from the upper stratosphere down to earth instantly freezing all in its path:

Just a note on the above this is not really possible as the upper atmosphere actually has more energy in it than sea level air.
When that upper decends it MUST compress and in compressing it heats up as the energy in that air takes up a much smaller volume so increasing temperatures. so that scenario is not possible. Shifting cold surface air from the polar regions to temperate or tropical regions is possible though.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Grumpy

Post by Grumpy » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:48 pm

My worst case is a sudden Antarctic ICE shift with an up to 60m sea level rise.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links