Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

Not the end of the world

Whats do you think is going to happen most and what have you prepared for?
Bilby
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Not the end of the world

Post by Bilby » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:58 pm

I'm with you cammo123. Australia will sadly be invaded, as the world plummets into WWIII. I don't know how our country will overcome this invasion, but I do believe that we survive and go on as a nation. We will most certainly be dealing with a contining mass migration of refugees to our country from the northern hemisphere. It won't be the end of the world, but for a moment in time it will feel like it is.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Frostbite
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Frostbite » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:16 pm

I can't see Australia being invaded whilst we still have a functioning defence force, apart from perhaps some limited incursions to secure resources or infrastructure. Our country is too vast and too isolated to be worth the effort. The supply chain for any invader would be long and vulnerable. The number of troops an invader would need to put on the ground to secure more than a token area of this country would be massive. Not even the Japs in WW2 were willing to give it a shot.

If we got lucky and were invaded the enemy would be spread very thin, and isolated enemy outposts would be sitting ducks.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Bilby

Post by Bilby » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:51 pm

At the end of WWII, it was discovered that there was a plan for occupied Australia; for Japan to take over our main land, whilst Germany takes over Tassie. This was a written agreement between those two nations.
This time round, America will be up to their necks in crap and won't be there to help us out again. Our military is way too small to defend our country from a full-on invasion. Our biggest threat is Indonesia which have never gotten along with us too well, has a population of around 267 million people and is the 14th largest country. Australia's population is around 25 million and is the 6th or 7th largest country, with the lowest population density in the world. Australia is one of the most wealthiest natural resourced countries in the world (ranked 3rd) and only 10% inhabitated. We have more gold than any other country, not to mention our uranium and iron ore deposits. The worlds land mass has become smaller literally and more depleted to the point of climate crises disaster. Humans have globally overpopulated, become more selfish and desperate. Everyone can all see the same horizon from anywhere in the world ...we are the land of the rising sun.
As for China's interest in our country, with over 1.4 billion people and on the brink of mass unemployment (thanks Trump) ...Australia is looking ripe for the taking!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Frostbite

Post by Frostbite » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:47 am

And yet Australia has more fighter aircraft (78 vs 41), more armoured fighting vehicles (3050 vs 1300), more subs (6 vs 5), more frigattes (10 vs 8) and more attack helicopters (22 vs 8) than Indonesia. How are Indonesia going to transport and resupply all the troops it would need to invade Australia when they are far from their bases and outnumbered by our fighter planes and subs? Can their fighter aircraft even stay in our airspace for more than a few minutes? How will their troops fair against our attack helicopters and jet fighters without any air support of their own? How will they put together an invasion force in secret when we monitor their communications 24hrs a day?

Most people who prep for invasion have no concept of how warfare works.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Bilby

Post by Bilby » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:24 pm

For some reason, I thought we had more weaponry than that Frostbite. As for how warfare works, we can all see and read the horror of these scenarios through camera lenses and written accounts. The terrifying reality of women and children trying to survive against brutal odds in so many places on earth at present is hard to bear witness to.
Frostbite my interest is not in military warfare strategies and the like, but how to survive them is. Have you checked out China's military might? It sends shivers down my spine. They could easily overcome us by marching right into WA through Indonesia, sail into NT from the South China Sea and fly directly to wherever they fancy. At the same time, they could quite easily ship in all their weaponry and troops by way of containerisation into our ports. We have absolutely no answer against such a Chinese-Indonesian invasion. Whilst I will never be in the military learning strategies, I am learning languages like mandarin, living off-grid and how best to survive when war comes.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Bug

Post by Bug » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:28 pm

Bilby wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:24 pm
For some reason, I thought we had more weaponry than that Frostbite. As for how warfare works, we can all see and read the horror of these scenarios through camera lenses and written accounts. The terrifying reality of women and children trying to survive against brutal odds in so many places on earth at present is hard to bear witness to.
Frostbite my interest is not in military warfare strategies and the like, but how to survive them is. Have you checked out China's military might? It sends shivers down my spine. They could easily overcome us by marching right into WA through Indonesia, sail into NT from the South China Sea and fly directly to wherever they fancy. At the same time, they could quite easily ship in all their weaponry and troops by way of containerisation into our ports. We have absolutely no answer against such a Chinese-Indonesian invasion. Whilst I will never be in the military learning strategies, I am learning languages like mandarin, living off-grid and how best to survive when war comes.
It is a common pretext for invasion for a power to send many immigrants into a country and to purchase as much land/resources/businesses as possible. They then attack to 'protect' their citizens and expats.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Bug

Post by Bug » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:30 pm

Not sure why people think Indonesia is a threat to us. They struggle to keep their own country together, let alone attack us. Should they try, it would take very little agitation to inspire and aid rebellions in Aceh and West Papua to give them pause.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Grumpy
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Grumpy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:12 pm

Bug a decade ago Indonesia purchased 5 million AK's from Russia and the same again from china
Why??????? the military have no need for them as they are well equipped with plenty of more modern rifles.
A few other bits.
Nearly 15 million unemployed young Islamic men who envy our wealth, hate our religion our whiteness our life style etc
30,000 small wooden fishing boats
Australia is rich beyond there dreams and nearly defenceless, ripe for the picking

It is only our big brother the USA that keeps them at bay
All it really needs is a real or perceived religious insult and big brother to be busy else where for it to be on

Muslims are quite happy to die for there religion killing the infidel along with the raping and plundering etc

To discount the above is folly
It may never happen but it is a distinct possibility and worth prepping for

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links