Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

Of all human diseases, 60% originate in animals – “One Health” is the only way to keep antibiotics working

Something big happening we all need to know about here or abroad. Tell us all about it.
Keith
Posts in topic: 1

Of all human diseases, 60% originate in animals – “One Health” is the only way to keep antibiotics working

Post by Keith » Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:24 pm

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Aneurine
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Of all human diseases, 60% originate in animals – “One Health” is the only way to keep antibiotics working

Post by Aneurine » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:19 pm

Mary was a bit creepy-NWO-puppet in that vid. But it is a huuuge issue. Personally I think we've gone too far to be responsible - everyone and their issue that *needs* antibiotics is the special snowflake exception and everyone else are the irresponsible ones. I haven't had antibiotics in my adult life. Goldenseal, iodine, colloidal silver, oregano, vit C, aloe vera & manuka honey ftw. I'm not against their use, but I think they need to be saved for human life and death situations. Good animal husbandry needs more culling nowdays to breed stronger, healthier animals. And better housing conditions. Lower numbers. Correct diets.

People with hundreds of chickens or poultry like the hobbyist crazy chicken people I found often have their chickens on antibiotics either all the time or frequently, and certainly whilst they're chicks as a standard practice because their flocks have CRD. It's idiotic to think they would stop using them or that their birds will stop contracting it and having outbreaks whilst they go to poultry auctions and keep introducing new birds into their stock every week, and sell on infected birds and stock all over the place. People doing that think it's the big factory farms that are the issue. I mean its that too but at least they have biosecurity procedures even if the conditions are even worse.

It's not going to work. "One Health" is doomed (and kind of creepy one world government-ish...)

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links