Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

Are ya serious or not?

Just got here? What are you prepping for? Let us know a little about you and why you're here
Thunda
Posts in topic: 6

Are ya serious or not?

Post by Thunda » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:57 pm

G'day.
Just found this site, every other site l looked at their last post was around two years or more ago.
So l guess it was the "last post" for them.

I've been prepping for the last fifty years, have my own patch and completely off grid, plenty water and tucker sola power steam power bio fuel to run on old Lister single(doesn't get used much)

But I'm seventy now and running out of puff, I'd like to find someone to take the reins and finish what l started.

You need to be active, full of go, mechanically minded, non smoker, non religious, able to operate machinery.
And the desire to build your own cabin.

I have a new sawmill and plenty of trees to build anything.

Any takers?

Reply with PM

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Frostbite
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Are ya serious or not?

Post by Frostbite » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:58 pm

Seems you forgot one important prep, to have someone worthy to hand all your hard work over to. I got that one sorted, luckily (well perhaps more good management than luck), my two adult children are more than capable of taking over when I leave off.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Thunda

Post by Thunda » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:41 pm

Frostbite, you seem to like telling me where you think I'm going wrong.

Or do you just like to think you know everything and have all the answers.

I never forgot anything, l came here to try and find someone to either share what l have, or leave it to after assessing their competency to do so.

I also left some other comments, no doubt you have already checked them out and bagged them too, I'll have a look.

Don't bag other people until you know them, assumption is the cause of most stuff ups, you know nothing about me. My background or abilitys, l always try and help others that need it, l don't claim to know it all but l am mostly self taught through experience and from my peoples knowledge that goes back thousands of years.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

seatard
Posts in topic: 2

Post by seatard » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:49 pm

Location?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MattintheACT
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MattintheACT » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:32 pm

I've been prepping for the last fifty years
[/quote]

Wow - 50 years! What got you into it in the first place? The cold war? What do you think are the greatest risks nowadays?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Thunda

Post by Thunda » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:56 pm

MattintheACT wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:32 pm
I've been prepping for the last fifty years
Wow - 50 years! What got you into it in the first place? The cold war? What do you think are the greatest risks nowadays?
[/quote]

Prepping wasn't heard of then, but yes l was always thinking about a nuke war, it's just the that I've always lived this way, l made money trapping rabbits as a kid then as a pro shooter on pigs and roos then joined the army at 17, then went back to pro fishing and shooting after discharged.

Got into mining and other stuff and retired to a self sufficient lifestyle.

Our greatest risk in my opinion are politicians, they have a habit of selling us out, anyone can just walk in and buy whatever they want, try buying land in Thailand.

The Chinese intend buying the rest of Australia or just take it within the next 10 years.

I've been trying to convince people NOT to buy Chinese made goods, now we don't have any manufacturing anymore.

It's too late now, our only hope is to abolish freehold title and convert to lease hold, like western land lease.

But we just could see another war and its gunna be a ripper, that's why prepping is a smart move but it may not help.

I don't think I'll be around to see it, even if it starts within the next few years, but l sure would like to.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Thunda

Post by Thunda » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:57 pm

seatard wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:49 pm
Location?
Tassy

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Bilby

Post by Bilby » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:09 pm

Hi Thunda, I've only recently joined this site too. Like you, I know it's not long off now and I'm trying not to panic. I keep thinking that I'm not ready yet, but I know that I'll probably always think this. I too have been prepping for decades. My dad was a survivalist and he installed in me and my brother the importance of wilderness survival in the high country. My dad always belived we will be invaded and occupied by another country (most notably China); that it would happen not long after he died. He's been gone now for few years and what I see in the world news today, is the stuff he always talked about. My dad was a pilot and in the RAAF duing the Korean War. He never stopped flying right to the end, when cancer finally got the better of him. My mum still lives up there in the Victorian Alps and she keeps trying to get me back there, as I'm on the other side of Victoria. Bush fires scare the heck out of me more than war, the legacy of Ash Wednesday. How on earth my parents and their property survived Black Saturday is beyond me, but they did. Dad's buried with his wings up there in those mountains he loved so much and flew over reguarly.
I just want to say welcome Thunda to this site, it a relief to know preppers like you are still going strong.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

seatard

Post by seatard » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:09 am

No worries. I’m WA so no good

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Thunda

Post by Thunda » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:37 am

Bilby wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:09 pm
Hi Thunda, I've only recently joined this site too. Like you, I know it's not long off now and I'm trying not to panic. I keep thinking that I'm not ready yet, but I know that I'll probably always think this. I too have been prepping for decades. My dad was a survivalist and he installed in me and my brother the importance of wilderness survival in the high country. My dad always belived we will be invaded and occupied by another country (most notably China); that it would happen not long after he died. He's been gone now for few years and what I see in the world news today, is the stuff he always talked about. My dad was a pilot and in the RAAF duing the Korean War. He never stopped flying right to the end, when cancer finally got the better of him. My mum still lives up there in the Victorian Alps and she keeps trying to get me back there, as I'm on the other side of Victoria. Bush fires scare the heck out of me more than war, the legacy of Ash Wednesday. How on earth my parents and their property survived Black Saturday is beyond me, but they did. Dad's buried with his wings up there in those mountains he loved so much and flew over reguarly.
I just want to say welcome Thunda to this site, it a relief to know preppers like you are still going strong.
G'day Billby.

Thanks for your thoughts, l take my hat off to your dad, those blokes always have been and always will be my hero's.

I also fly and have my own plane and airstrip the ultimate bug out vehicle l have a 600 nautical mile range and can carry rations and portable camp for three months.

Then it's the last flight as the possibility of obtaining more fuel is slim even if it can run on mogas.

But l have a second hideout in SA and l can make it there in three hours from Tassy.

Plenty of permanent water and tucker and a totally secure camp and almost impossible to get to by vehicle or foot, l only found it by flying over it low and slow, and couldn't believe what l found and where it was.

Sorry, l would rather not say where it is but a map and some logic may put you close, but even with Google earth you may not find it, and this is why I'll keep it to myself, just goes to show there are still some hidden havens out there, just need to look.

There are a few blokes that really know their stuff on this forum Keith is one of the best, he is a definite survival expert.

I am of aboriginal decent and grew up learning from the best, there are still many elders that can hand on bush craft but after all the bad treatment and disrespect would you blame them if they said "piss off"

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links