Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

Could a TEOTWAWKI save us & if so what event?

Polls and General discussions about TEOTWAWKI (The End Of The World As We Know It)
Keith
Posts in topic: 6

Could a TEOTWAWKI save us & if so what event?

Post by Keith » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:30 pm

ImageImage

Given that Global Warming is real, & assuming that we only have roughly 9-15 years to stabalise climate change at its present level, & given that this is not likely to happen because the government, Corporatism & the majority of people either don't want it or don't give a damn, we are left with the possibility that a TEOTWAWKI may happen first, before the end of the world forcing a closure of coal powered stations & other carbon producers that might just save the earth.

What event do you think it would take to cause this to happen, just what do you think could happen? Do you think that a minority of people might just take matters into their own hands given that we are looking at the extinction of all life on earth? If so what could this entail?
Keith.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Grumpy
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Could a TEOTWAWKI save us & if so what event?

Post by Grumpy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:37 pm

Massive Antarctic ice shift
50% Population gone in one day 90% in the first year
Global cooling
90% manufacturing gone
Easy for smart to survive

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MikeA

Post by MikeA » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:13 am

One scenario.
Global financial collapse
Civil unrest
Famine
Disease
Pandemic
NWO
Martial law
Civil war
Peace
In that order

Any one of them in isolation would change the world/Australia.
I see pandemic as the biggest immediate threat, either NWO conspiracy (global depopulation) or simply the antibiotic resistant diseases that are becoming more common. We are seeing mutated versions of common childhood diseases making a comeback. It won't take long for mutation to become a bit more deadly and widespread.
Will this save us? Well ultimately no in my opinion. I have very little faith in humanity. Could civilisation rebuild? Of course, it always has. But will it be better? That's the question.
Me, I just want to live out the rest of my natural life in peace, whatever that means. I cannot change the world, or humanity, but I can change my bit of it and survive, or at least try to survive what is thrown at me.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith

Post by Keith » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:20 pm

MikeA wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:13 am
One scenario.
Global financial collapse
Civil unrest
Famine
Disease
Pandemic
NWO
Martial law
Civil war
Peace
In that order

Any one of them in isolation would change the world/Australia.
I see pandemic as the biggest immediate threat, either NWO conspiracy (global depopulation) or simply the antibiotic resistant diseases that are becoming more common. We are seeing mutated versions of common childhood diseases making a comeback. It won't take long for mutation to become a bit more deadly and widespread.
Will this save us? Well ultimately no in my opinion. I have very little faith in humanity. Could civilisation rebuild? Of course, it always has. But will it be better? That's the question.
Me, I just want to live out the rest of my natural life in peace, whatever that means. I cannot change the world, or humanity, but I can change my bit of it and survive, or at least try to survive what is thrown at me.
There is according to scientists a very real possibility that long forgotten diseases could be released from the melting ice, ones that we will have no resistance to & no cure for!
Keith.

Robert Frost.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Grumpy

Post by Grumpy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:53 pm

So far pandemics have been self limiting as when the pandemic spreads it mutates to middle ground and then becomes survivable.
Lets say Ebola gets going as a global pandemic and for that it needs to be less than 100% LETHAL As it spreads it reduces its mortality rate to spread better and the more time gos on the less lethal it gets, eventually it gets to the status of common cold.
Millions or Billions dead but not all.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MikeA

Post by MikeA » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:06 pm

Grumpy wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:53 pm
So far pandemics have been self limiting as when the pandemic spreads it mutates to middle ground and then becomes survivable.
Lets say Ebola gets going as a global pandemic and for that it needs to be less than 100% LETHAL As it spreads it reduces its mortality rate to spread better and the more time gos on the less lethal it gets, eventually it gets to the status of common cold.
Ebola is a good example, its not airborne it spreads through body fluid contact, so even the dead continue to spread the disease, this is generally accepted as the major cause of infection. In populated areas like cities it spreads relatively fast and there is no vaccine or cure. (I have research that suggests otherwise) but officially. The incubation period would allow it to spread through global movement of people.
Diseases like SARS would be more devastating as they are airborne. A lot harder to survive.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith

Post by Keith » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:26 pm

MikeA wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:06 pm
Grumpy wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:53 pm
Ebola is a good example, its not airborne it spreads through body fluid contact, so even the dead continue to spread the disease, this is generally accepted as the major cause of infection. In populated areas like cities it spreads relatively fast and there is no vaccine or cure. (I have research that suggests otherwise) but officially. The incubation period would allow it to spread through global movement of people.
Diseases like SARS would be more devastating as they are airborne. A lot harder to survive.

Robert Frost.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Bug
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Bug » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:01 pm

Keith wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:20 pm

The Black Death was never eradicated. In the 20th century it still killed over 1000 people in Australia.
As late as 2017 there are still outbreaks of it in Africa.

Diseases like this will inevitably make a return, and air travel will spread them globally before anyone knows what happened.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Frostbite
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Frostbite » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:40 pm

Actually their is evidence from a US research facility that Ebola can go airborne.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith

Post by Keith » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:34 am

Bug wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:01 pm
Keith wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:20 pm

The Black Death was never eradicated. In the 20th century it still killed over 1000 people in Australia.
As late as 2017 there are still outbreaks of it in Africa.

Diseases like this will inevitably make a return, and air travel will spread them globally before anyone knows what happened.

Robert Frost.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links