Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

Likelihood of a major catastrophe in the next 10 years

Polls and General discussions about TEOTWAWKI (The End Of The World As We Know It)

Likelihood of a major catastrophe in the next 10 years

You may select 1 option

View results

Keith
Posts in topic: 11

Re: Likelihood of a major catastrophe in the next 10 years

Post by Keith » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:12 pm

sean.donnelly wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:57 pm
MasterChief wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:04 am

Australian fuel stockholding capability

* Chilled and frozen goods delivery - 7 days
* Dry goods - 9 days
* Retail pharmacy supplies - 7 days
* Hospital pharmacy supplies - 3 days
* Petrol stations - 3 days

National Roads and Motorists Association
All of these numbers ONLY apply IF it were on normal days. In a situation, similar to the suggested one, everyone (in the know) would be trying to get hold of the last of the goods. (Especially fuel)
Those numbers would probably be fine if they were in hours instead of days.
Just look at hurricanes, etc., in other countries...the stocks, on the shelves, last hours. There would be NO resupply because there wouldn't be fuel for the trucks. (And no-one would be silly enough to send it out even if there were.)
Keith.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Benarkin-Rebel
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Benarkin-Rebel » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:36 pm

Keith wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:55 pm
There are other things that concern me in regards to our survival which no one seems to be addressing. We are prepping for our future survival, but we are obviously in the minority. Present laws in Australia have seriously effected our chances of survival in certain circumstances. For one we have these pointless & ineffectual gun laws. Certain guns have been made illegal or are restricted. No matter what your views are on firearms legislation I think few people will argue that a gun is superior to many other tools in certain survival situations.
Not so Kieth:

First and foremost, the one thing that will assure your failure in survival, is not :_
The fact you may not have a firearm:-
Its the belief that you need a firearm:
which will have a profound affect on your ability to survive, but also will affect those around you,
In reality ---- The only thing we have to fear is fear itself, "so we must learn to overcome that fear",
and actually .... Firearms are not the most important tool in your survival, list. in fact its quite far down the list:
As-
Learning to survive without a firearm is far more important.
Than having a firearm, and not knowing how to survive.

I myself have bows, Compound and Re-curve and many arrows, with the ability to make bow strings, as well as many other things,
and I don’t have a firearm, and I am quite comfortable with that, however once the SHTF, I am sure I will come across many fools that only have that, with no survival skills, and I will be happy to relieve them of their firearm, if the conditions are right, or just keep out of their way.
I wont be worried by any sill regulations as they will not exist, -- only Gods law and natural survival laws.
(the first being defend yourself, and those around you) as your life is far more important than any adversary
and yes a few of the commandments are put aside till some form of society is formed,
preferably without any politicians, judiciary, or armed statute enforces and BANKERS, as that is how we got in this mess in the first place:

You kitchen has plenty of weapons: to survive: Simple things from the kitchen like carving knives, some duct tape and a broom handle, can make great spears, and knives for close up weapons, as well as being a handy tool, for skinning game, and cutting meat, and vegetables,
here are some good links to down load heaps of info from over 14-Gig, on all subjects,
I strongly recommend you go to office works and buy a cheap mono laser printer, and a binding machine, and print what is the most important,
Her is the link:
http://www.pssurvival.com/index_complete.htm
I have heaps more links as well if you want them.

Benarkin-Rebel

LODAT = Living One Day At a Time

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Paul
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Paul » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:17 pm

Absolutely agree guns will be a pain to avoid for first couple of months. Myself definitely swing with my long and recurve bows. Over long term bows are the way to go. Bow or spear and back up knife are my back up in different scenario hunting food or foe. Stealth and direction detour with eyes ,ears and smell should minimize most unnecessary confrontations . About the only bonus with a gun shot is knowing what direction not to go.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith

Post by Keith » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:24 pm

StephanH wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:31 am
I live in the Huon River Valley region of Tasmania. A few years back now a local council did some disaster management planning on the unlikely event of a tidal wave. It's a valid risk to appreciate given the topography of the subject area. The likelihood is relatively low though and I thought the press release was somewhat self indulgent. They didn't like it when I suggested a snow blitz was more likely and had greater potential deadly impacts than a tidal event. They weren't and haven't planned for that - the swings and roundabouts of our weather may make them regret that - or not.

There are a plethora of possibilities for disaster given that we humans have always pretty much lived on the edge. It's obvious we're hellbent on killing ourselves in one form or another if you just look at the way we continue to shit in our own nests and ignore the need to fly the coup. So I've always thought in possibilities. Two things have been uppermost in my mind now since 9/11

The next step - biological terrorism
and
well, this is out there but I have an increasing fear of distant rumbling that builds in volume. Mega quake/volcano eruption or pole shift? dunno, just sayin'

Cheers
Stephan

Robert Frost.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith

Post by Keith » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:33 pm

Benarkin-Rebel wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:36 pm
Keith wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:55 pm
There are other things that concern me in regards to our survival which no one seems to be addressing. We are prepping for our future survival, but we are obviously in the minority. Present laws in Australia have seriously effected our chances of survival in certain circumstances. For one we have these pointless & ineffectual gun laws. Certain guns have been made illegal or are restricted. No matter what your views are on firearms legislation I think few people will argue that a gun is superior to many other tools in certain survival situations.
Not so Kieth:

First and foremost, the one thing that will assure your failure in survival, is not :_
The fact you may not have a firearm:-
Its the belief that you need a firearm:
which will have a profound affect on your ability to survive, but also will affect those around you,
In reality ---- The only thing we have to fear is fear itself, "so we must learn to overcome that fear",
and actually .... Firearms are not the most important tool in your survival, list. in fact its quite far down the list:
As-
Learning to survive without a firearm is far more important.
Than having a firearm, and not knowing how to survive.

I myself have bows, Compound and Re-curve and many arrows, with the ability to make bow strings, as well as many other things,
and I don’t have a firearm, and I am quite comfortable with that, however once the SHTF, I am sure I will come across many fools that only have that, with no survival skills, and I will be happy to relieve them of their firearm, if the conditions are right, or just keep out of their way.
I wont be worried by any sill regulations as they will not exist, -- only Gods law and natural survival laws.
(the first being defend yourself, and those around you) as your life is far more important than any adversary
and yes a few of the commandments are put aside till some form of society is formed,
preferably without any politicians, judiciary, or armed statute enforces and BANKERS, as that is how we got in this mess in the first place:

You kitchen has plenty of weapons: to survive: Simple things from the kitchen like carving knives, some duct tape and a broom handle, can make great spears, and knives for close up weapons, as well as being a handy tool, for skinning game, and cutting meat, and vegetables,
here are some good links to down load heaps of info from over 14-Gig, on all subjects,
I strongly recommend you go to office works and buy a cheap mono laser printer, and a binding machine, and print what is the most important,
Her is the link:
http://www.pssurvival.com/index_complete.htm
I have heaps more links as well if you want them.

Benarkin-Rebel
Do not judge me until you have walked in my shoes my friend, my experiences have taught me that a firearm in some circumstances is very important. Have you ever been under fire? Do not take a knife to a gun fight, you will lose.
I am quite capable of walking into the bush with nothing & surviving, providing I am not being shot at! Everything I carry is for ease of living & comfort.
Keith.

Robert Frost.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Benarkin-Rebel
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Benarkin-Rebel » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:07 pm

Good luck to you with your noisy gun: and yes I have spend quite a bit of time behind enemy lines, and been under fire a few times, and thanks to GOD survived, with just a knife for a weapon, also I have never wanted to walk in anyone's shoes but my own,
As I said fear is in the mind, and your post did contain fear,
for those coming to terms with the fact, something is not right, and we are running out of time,
so the important thing is to offer alternatives and encouragement, and build confident s, "so there is no fear", maybe a bit of apprehension, but definitely no fear, ( as fear only feeds fear) and its not helping those coming to terms, with a growing reality, that this world is falling to pieces,
so I would have thought this site was sharing knowledge, of ideas, not for push preferences,
and quite obviously by your reply you are offended, however, I believe you were wrong and I stand by it:
and I will say it again: firearms have there place, But its not at the top of the survival list:
By the way. I have owned guns all my life, both rifles and pistols, which I handed back over five years ago,
also I dont fear guns,
Ammo will become scarce - arrows and knives wont,

Have a nice day: Benarkin-Rebel.

LODAT = Living One Day At a Time

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith

Post by Keith » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:44 am

Benarkin-Rebel wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:07 pm
Good luck to you with your noisy gun: and yes I have spend quite a bit of time behind enemy lines, and been under fire a few times, and thanks to GOD survived, with just a knife for a weapon, also I have never wanted to walk in anyone's shoes but my own,
As I said fear is in the mind, and your post did contain fear,
for those coming to terms with the fact, something is not right, and we are running out of time,
so the important thing is to offer alternatives and encouragement, and build confident s, "so there is no fear", maybe a bit of apprehension, but definitely no fear, ( as fear only feeds fear) and its not helping those coming to terms, with a growing reality, that this world is falling to pieces,
so I would have thought this site was sharing knowledge, of ideas, not for push preferences,
and quite obviously by your reply you are offended, however, I believe you were wrong and I stand by it:
and I will say it again: firearms have there place, But its not at the top of the survival list:
By the way. I have owned guns all my life, both rifles and pistols, which I handed back over five years ago,
also I dont fear guns,
Ammo will become scarce - arrows and knives wont,

Have a nice day: Benarkin-Rebel.
Sorry Benarkin, but in my opinion you have got it all wrong. Yes I have been afraid many times, but I did it anyway. Being afraid is a natural reaction & there is nothing wrong with being afraid. However, you read me wrong this time, & you obviously did not pay enough attention to my post, I clearly remember saying "in certain situations". You are the one pushing a preference, though I see nothing wrong in that if you consider you are right & you think this is the best way to go. People on this forum have minds of their own, & they will sort through the information & decide for themselves which way to go.
Keith.

Robert Frost.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MasterChief
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 6

Post by MasterChief » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:36 pm

Agree with you @sean.donnelly - a few hours max in emergency.

@Keith you're talking about a revolution. Me and mine have been saying that for some time but Australians as a whole are too apathetic to do this. Societal breakdown may be an 'opportunity' but less than ideal

. Keep it Simple Stupid, Survive.
Have you told us "What Are You Prepping for? yet?"
Introduce yourself to the community

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith

Post by Keith » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:50 pm

MasterChief wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:36 pm
Agree with you @sean.donnelly - a few hours max in emergency.

@Keith you're talking about a revolution. Me and mine have been saying that for some time but Australians as a whole are too apathetic to do this. Societal breakdown may be an 'opportunity' but less than ideal
Agreed.
Keith.

Robert Frost.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith

Post by Keith » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:41 pm

I am wondering now if a Pandemic might not be the next major catastrophe. There is a thread already started on a Pandemic on this forum here: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=143 If you are one of those that ticked the Pandemic, come along & have your say. This is a very real risk, so it would pay us to think about it now!
Keith.

Robert Frost.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links