Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

Not the end of the world

Whats do you think is going to happen most and what have you prepared for?
MasterChief
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 4

Not the end of the world

Post by MasterChief » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:03 pm

Thought I'd get the ball rolling here...

I'm prepping for a number of circumstances and I treat prepping has a full-specturm undertaking.

What I mean by that is I use some of the facilities society has provided us, such as insurance - house, car, life. This is prepping in my mind at the most 'acceptable' level to everyday people that raise an eyebrow when you say you are prepping.

But what happens when society breaks down? These societal preps aren't worth the money you've paid, at least not until civil order can be restored. So you have to be prepared to stay and defend or bug out.

We have remote gas supply so we are not dependent of main line, and have 'numerous' bottles on site at all time, with only 1 ever in used and the rest full. We can always cook and heat.

Revolution is the other, the kind we had at Cronulla a few years back - Im not condoning the behaviour on either side of that but it took very little to light that spark.

People are fed up, but my concern is that too many Australian are too apathetic to force a change. Its this apathy that will see stampedes at supermarkets when the power goes down, the lights turn off and the water stops running.

Panic - so yes I prep for that too with about 1 month food storage on site, a rainwater tank and some (but not enough) stored, drinking water too.

Invasion?
I don't think so, we would not have much chance as our borders are far too vast to stop the invasion, but I know our armed forces are some of the best and best trained and could systematically repel. But its a numbers games.

So getting to know the bush and having a BOL (Bug out location) is prepped too, but needs more regular, longer 'missions' from my perspective to optimise.

I would have to admit that I'm weak on the comms side and like a lot of people ( I assume) have not handled this part of my prepping correctly. Looking for some good advice here.

That's it

. Keep it Simple Stupid, Survive.
Have you told us "What Are You Prepping for? yet?"
Introduce yourself to the community

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

zane.lorimer

Re: Not the end of the world

Post by zane.lorimer » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:05 pm

I love what you have written and agree that we all should have a hard look at every aspect of life , i have been looking around at prepper site for a while and there are lots of information but some is outdated our not relivent to my location nor situation - i live in the country not city , i hunt deer and rabbits regulary {own and use firearms } , own and drive a capable 4wd and use it weekly .
I'm not pointing these things out to say i am better preped , quite the oppisite .
Everyone has different requirements for "there bug out" , mine will be run too cover in high country {vic}
My farm has 40,000ltrs of stored rainwater and 4 million ltr dam for wash and sheep , battery power lights and generator plus gas cooks and hotwater connected to 12v pumps for domestic {no panels yet due to cost -waiting}.
Farm is short term bug out , fitting container to truck for food stores and camp gear {12v lights radios plus antenna and panels } for long term
Radio gear is low cost but what frequencies do you install and who would receiving i am still looking - that the reason for not setting contantiner yet .
The point to this is everyone will have different needs and abillities .
It conserns me alot to see the youth gangs of sudinees {for example} running rampent in Victoria and makes me wonder where all this immigration and multi racial violence will end if ever?
I am prepping for posibble invasion via Indonesia -Our borders are massive and i feel if a group can get a crap load of drugs into Australia what would stop them from dropping firearms across strategy points within Australia and crossing the ditch into Australia , look at the extremist assholes that run down people in Melbourne. They are on bail ?? - shame on our legal system

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

cammo123
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cammo123 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:25 pm

If there is a conflict in the Asia area we will run out of petroleum fuel with in 3weeks. With very little refinery happening on our own soil we rely heavily on imported fuel. No fuel means no work, means no trucks/trains, means no food, means chaos!

I'm Prepping for a conflict/next war which will turn our country upside down.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MasterChief
Site Admin

Post by MasterChief » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:21 pm

Hi Zane and welcome to the forum. Interesting what you have written about Indo.
zane.lorimer wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:05 pm
I am prepping for posibble invasion via Indonesia -Our borders are massive and i feel if a group can get a crap load of drugs into Australia what would stop them from dropping firearms across strategy points within Australia and crossing the ditch into Australia , look at the extremist assholes that run down people in Melbourne. They are on bail ?? - shame on our legal system
Australian armed forces would surely know this and recognise what a threat they are BUT how to defend such a vast border? Interesting point re drugs and then applying that to guns. Never thought of it that way but makes sense.

I've been chatting with some other immigrants - people that have been here for over 50 years and LOVE Australia. They are just as appalled as you are at the legal system.

They said, send them home if they doing illegal things...to which I responded are they Australian Citizens or on Visas?

A citizen is a citizen and everyone is equal in the eyes of the law. :shock:

Is it fair to say send them back? I then said to these older immigrants, "what if that were you back in the 40/50's? What if you had got into trouble and Australian were saying send 'em back? "

If they're on a visa and commit a crime. Game Over man, Game Over.

What do you think?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MasterChief
Site Admin

Post by MasterChief » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:22 pm

Cammo Diesel and trucks are a real issue that most people dont EVER think about.

All the more reasons to prep!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

cammo123
Posts in topic: 2

Post by cammo123 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:44 pm

our whole ADF is structured around repelling a incoming force for just long enough until help arrives (USA) hence all our troops and heavy gear is located in the top half of the country mostly massed in Darwin and surrounding towns. After talking to an retired decorated army officer he said that the biggest threat to Australia is the short distance between our land mass and Indonesia's. He also said its inevitable that they will one day invade due to lack of resources and over population.
Cammo.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MasterChief
Site Admin

Post by MasterChief » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:28 am

Cammo I've been hearing this for years now so there has to be truth in int. The ADF is primarily concerned with Indo - I've heard of (but never seen) maps of Australia from these nearby countries where the top half of our Country has a border line demarcating it as theirs!

Here's a good page showing just how few people we have and why others want it:

http://alldownunder.com/australian-fact ... e-size.htm

"While Australia is the sixth largest country, it is only about 5% of the total world's land area. Australia is also the smallest continental land mass (or largest island)."

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

zane.lorimer

Post by zane.lorimer » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:20 pm

My cruiser runs diesel and i can carry enougth to get me where i need to get and back and being old school 2H motor it will run on cooking oil and kero once running if need too , old truck is the same ,
Both vehicles are ugly and slow but hard too stop at low revs unlike the turbo trucks of today , petrol breaks down quickly which is the other reason for the diesel option plus easier to find in trucks and farm tractor graders dozers loaders .
Still working on food stores ,bulk wheat rice and grain grinder for food to conbine with deer meat and rabbits.
First two weeks will have frozen in freezer and rations to allow time to settle down and set camp area ,toilet,shelter.
The army ration s are realy damn good

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

zane.lorimer

Post by zane.lorimer » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:25 pm

Just realised the photo from facebook shows my project 45 , it is not a fuck off truck as it has 350chev and thirsty .

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Paul
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Paul » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:48 am

War either invasion or ww3 get to bol and live of the land away from population and at inhospitable location general public wouldn't consider. Rely on inch bag set up near river where fresh meets salt with overhang or small cave.Otherwise make own shelter.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links