Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

Not the end of the world

Whats do you think is going to happen most and what have you prepared for?
zane.lorimer
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Not the end of the world

Post by zane.lorimer » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:54 pm

First 3 months BOL would have to be mine / cave in high country Victoria close to small stream and deer .
Planning follow Murray river in short travel each day / night and allow time before settle in final BOL .
I live inland and salt / ocean location would likely take to risky route.
Make sheep jerky from borrowed sheep on way ??
Got matt black and tan cover for ute - hides truck well for channel liner offcut

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:49 am

Good post, so many things that could happen but are not likely to. I believe our own government is our worst enemy, but you are right, Australians will never revolt against the government. We will sit on our hands until all our basic freedoms & rights are taken from us.
But still our future is uncertain, regardless of whether one believes in global warming/climate change, the climate is changing, our lands & water ways are being polluted. The Pacific Ocean is contaminated from the leak at Fukushima. The Yellowstone volcano is said to be a threat, & of course we could be hit by a meteorite. There have been more sightings of alien craft of late, but I doubt they are any danger to us providing we don't start trying to shoot them down!

Our government is prioritising mining over farming, & all the time they are disarming us a little bit here & a little bit there! Armed self defence is illegal, we are rested legally to whatever we can find when we are attacked, we are not allowed to purchase or carry ANYTHING specifically meant for use in self defence. We can own a gun if we have a good enough reason, but we can not legally use it to defend ourselves or our families.

We have done all we are prepared to do at this stage, I am not about to start raising fortifications around our houses. We enjoy the scenery too much & I have better things to do with my time 7 days a week. We do have quite a large family, plus friends who in an emergency will pitch in to erect fortifications & more dwellings. We live in a forest, so we have plenty of timber at our disposal. We have two large garden areas that can & does supply all our family's vegetables, & there is enough wildlife to supply meat if needed. We keep chooks & we have more chooks coming soon plus some ducks. I won't say that we own an arsenal, that term is used too much in the press of late! But we can defend what we have between us.

I am retired now, but have had a variety of occupations that will help us all survive. I also used to teach primitive skills, & still do occasionally, but mostly now through my videos. My sons were brought up in the bush knowing how to survive, shoot & hunt with gun & bow. All of us have bug-out bags just in case we were forced to leave our forest home. We are totally off grid & off all council services. Both houses are solar powered, have rainwater collection tanks, & composting toilets. Cooking & heating is supplied by wood burning stoves & heaters. We have 5 four wheel drive vehicles between us, so there is no problem leaving by vehicle if the situation requires & allows, but we are all capable of leaving on foot if needs be.

Due to my interest in 18th century living history & experimental archaeology over many years, we are all equipped & trained to survive long term in the bush. If we can stay here we are not reliant on electricity should for some reason our solar power fail. We lived for over 20 years without electricity & we can easily do it again. I have a small workshop, one of three. The other two my sons use. Workshop tools are mostly hand operated & we can make pretty much anything we need & repair present equipment.
Keith.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Paul

Post by Paul » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:37 am

Keith wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:49 am
Good post, so many things that could happen but are not likely to. I believe our own government is our worst enemy, but you are right, Australians will never revolt against the government. We will sit on our hands until all our basic freedoms & rights are taken from us.
But still our future is uncertain, regardless of whether one believes in global warming/climate change, the climate is changing, our lands & water ways are being polluted. The Pacific Ocean is contaminated from the leak at Fukushima. The Yellowstone volcano is said to be a threat, & of course we could be hit by a meteorite. There have been more sightings of alien craft of late, but I doubt they are any danger to us providing we don't start trying to shoot them down!

Our government is prioritising mining over farming, & all the time they are disarming us a little bit here & a little bit there! Armed self defence is illegal, we are rested legally to whatever we can find when we are attacked, we are not allowed to purchase or carry ANYTHING specifically meant for use in self defence. We can own a gun if we have a good enough reason, but we can not legally use it to defend ourselves or our families.

We have done all we are prepared to do at this stage, I am not about to start raising fortifications around our houses. We enjoy the scenery too much & I have better things to do with my time 7 days a week. We do have quite a large family, plus friends who in an emergency will pitch in to erect fortifications & more dwellings. We live in a forest, so we have plenty of timber at our disposal. We have two large garden areas that can & does supply all our family's vegetables, & there is enough wildlife to supply meat if needed. We keep chooks & we have more chooks coming soon plus some ducks. I won't say that we own an arsenal, that term is used too much in the press of late! But we can defend what we have between us.

I am retired now, but have had a variety of occupations that will help us all survive. I also used to teach primitive skills, & still do occasionally, but mostly now through my videos. My sons were brought up in the bush knowing how to survive, shoot & hunt with gun & bow. All of us have bug-out bags just in case we were forced to leave our forest home. We are totally off grid & off all council services. Both houses are solar powered, have rainwater collection tanks, & composting toilets. Cooking & heating is supplied by wood burning stoves & heaters. We have 5 four wheel drive vehicles between us, so there is no problem leaving by vehicle if the situation requires & allows, but we are all capable of leaving on foot if needs be.

Due to my interest in 18th century living history & experimental archaeology over many years, we are all equipped & trained to survive long term in the bush. If we can stay here we are not reliant on electricity should for some reason our solar power fail. We lived for over 20 years without electricity & we can easily do it again. I have a small workshop, one of three. The other two my sons use. Workshop tools are mostly hand operated & we can make pretty much anything we need & repair present equipment.
Keith.
Sounds like you have great set up and knowledge should you need to bug out . Especially that your family is aware and capable aswell. WELL DONE. :P

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

TrooperD
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TrooperD » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:47 pm

If were invaded were buggered thats what the K89 and K92 senario was. We cant defend the joint for more than 3 days. The old line of defence NSW Vic and a bit of QLD can only be held for a week.Help simply wont arive in time. Americans wouldnt reach deployment state for anouther 2 weeks

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Aneurine
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Aneurine » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:42 pm

Well that's all flowery cheery notes of happiness in that post. So true though! Mmm belt & road... Victoria, what ARE you doing??

Mmm re-education centres - only perhaps with the state of the Australian education system perhaps it will be an improvement in education... Alas, I whine, but whilst we wax lyrical and worry the issue with belt & road is that small island governments won't be able to repay debt, it seems the issue is we are in the scheme of things an insignificant little foodbowl island ripe for the plucking.

Oh well, not like it'd be the first time this island was taken over. Get as good as you give & all that...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith

Post by Keith » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:59 am

Personally I don't see anything happening before climate change gets so bad that nothing else will matter anyway. Global warming is speeding up, we are no longer looking at inconvenience & hotter or colder weather, we are looking at the end of the world, literally! Probably not in my time now, I am an old man, but in my grandchildren's lifetime living may become unbearable. My great grandchildren are not going to survive, & here we are discussing survival scenarios & voting year after year knowing that there is nothing a minority can do on our own.
What we need to be doing as preppers & survivalists is thinking of ways we can raise the consciousness of the majority of Australians to this very real threat before it is too late. We can no longer turn the clock back, all we can do if we act not is stabilize global warming at it's present level. Within the next 30 years or so we may have lost this opportunity.
The majority of people worldwide do not appear to realise that the end is near, this in not sandwich board preaching fiction of some deranged individual, this is real! So how about we at least on this forum show some concern & put our heads together on this? What have we got to lose? How can we get the word out that this is a very real immediate threat? I think the first thing we need is for people on this forum to face the truth of global warming & not dismiss it like all the sheeple are doing! If we do not believe it, how can we persuade others to act on this?
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=384
Keith.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links