Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

A Lot of Views, But Few Replies. Why?

What's on your mind? Lets get the community talking.
Paul
Posts in topic: 6

Re: A Lot of Views, But Few Replies. Why?

Post by Paul » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:49 pm

Oh and i agree with you these sights are amazingly quiet. I'm on one other sight survivalists and preppers and same issue. They all seem to be the same. Personally i spend 100% of free time on dws because i believe america will be the first target 90% on this sight and 80% disappointed with other site. Most don't seem concerned with nuclear weapons as much as flood ,fire and what have you being shorter term 72 hr packs. I'm more serious than that concerned about long term inch .

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Paul

Post by Paul » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:03 am

Paul wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:49 pm
Oh and i agree with you these sights are amazingly quiet. I'm on one other sight survivalists and preppers and same issue. They all seem to be the same. Personally i spend 100% of free time on dws because i believe america will be the first target or agression 90% on this sight and 80% disappointed with other site. Most don't seem concerned with nuclear weapons as much as flood ,fire and what have you being shorter term 72 hr packs. I'm more serious than that concerned about long term inch .And civil unrest. Inch. This country dos'nt have the resources to protect its own people let alone control them. And personally if they tried Marshall law or introduced nato -un from Indonesia or any where . Bye bye.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Keith » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:50 am

Vessels&Valves wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:30 pm
i have written a little bit here but i am not getting emailed when my threads are replied to , otherwise i would pop in here more often.

As far as forum participation goes in general , i am surprised at the lack of activity.

Maybe Australians are so relaxed they will say " she will be right " until the nukes are falling and then they will run around looking for someone to blame.

If there was a nuke war , Pine Gap will be the first to go bang , and then there are apparently 18 other locations around Australia that the US calls home any time they want...
Make sure when you make a post that you tick " Notify me when a reply is posted" in the OPTIONS at the bottom of your post.
Keith.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Vessels&Valves
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Vessels&Valves » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:09 pm

Paul wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:38 pm
Vessels&Valves wrote:
i have written a little bit here but i am not getting emailed when my threads are replied to , otherwise i would pop in here more often.

As far as forum participation goes in general , i am surprised at the lack of activity.

Maybe Australians are so relaxed they will say " she will be right " until the nukes are falling and then they will run around looking for someone to blame.

If there was a nuke war , Pine Gap will be the first to go bang , and then there are apparently 18 other locations around Australia that the US calls home any time they want...
Agreed pine gap just as much as exmouth and Darwin. Military bases, both garden islands , international airports,major ports and fuel refineries probably in first wave attack. Second wave major cities.
True enough , but what many people fail to think about is that most of our fuel refineries have been shut down and our refined fuels come from Singapore or Malaysia .

So what happens if war breaks out between Russia, USA and China ?

Any ships become targets for submarines , especially critical things like fuel tankers and we cant afford to use half our navy to protect fuel convoys.

If a major war breaks out we have about 5 - 7 weeks of fuel supplies and then the military will be knocking on your door with a siphon hose.

But dont worry , i am sure the yanks will offer to sell fuel to us at $ 25 per litre.

What is the quality of thinking by our government ?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith

Post by Keith » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:50 pm

Vessels&Valves wrote:

There are a heap of posts & topics not being relied to Vessels&Valves, & I for one would appreciate your input. Just take a look over the forum list.
Keith.

Robert Frost.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith

Post by Keith » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:59 pm

Vessels&Valves wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:09 pm
Paul wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:38 pm
Vessels&Valves wrote:

Agreed pine gap just as much as exmouth and Darwin. Military bases, both garden islands , international airports,major ports and fuel refineries probably in first wave attack. Second wave major cities.
True enough , but what many people fail to think about is that most of our fuel refineries have been shut down and our refined fuels come from Singapore or Malaysia .

So what happens if war breaks out between Russia, USA and China ?

Any ships become targets for submarines , especially critical things like fuel tankers and we cant afford to use half our navy to protect fuel convoys.

If a major war breaks out we have about 5 - 7 weeks of fuel supplies and then the military will be knocking on your door with a siphon hose.

But dont worry , i am sure the yanks will offer to sell fuel to us at $ 25 per litre.

What is the quality of thinking by our government ?
Fuel is not the only thing we import, the government has been prioritising mining over farming for a long time now & we import a lot of our food. How many people do you think are growing their own food? How long would our food supplies last? In cyclone Tracey in 74, after digging out my Tojo 4x4 from under the house wreckage, I went bush to hunt to feed the family. All that was on offer from Darwin emergency foods was SPAM! Not that I am knocking Spam, but......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE

Robert Frost.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

RockyGully
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RockyGully » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:38 pm

I have recently revisited some survival forums and they have certainly died in the arse.Are people spooked,apathetic or a bit of both.I understand that a while back it was apparent that preppers would come out on these forums all guns blazing(figuretively speaking).Are some too young to have the benefit of seeing things unfold before their eyes or like older preppers ,thrown their hands up in the air and say it's all too hard.Interesting post.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith

Post by Keith » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:15 am

RockyGully wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:38 pm
I have recently revisited some survival forums and they have certainly died in the arse.Are people spooked,apathetic or a bit of both.I understand that a while back it was apparent that preppers would come out on these forums all guns blazing(figuretively speaking).Are some too young to have the benefit of seeing things unfold before their eyes or like older preppers ,thrown their hands up in the air and say it's all too hard.Interesting post.
Speaking of which, our group forum has been pretty quiet for a long time now. I keep posting though in the hope that members will find the time to visit & participate.
I hope this finds you & your's well Rocky.
Regards, Keith.

Robert Frost.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Paul

Post by Paul » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:57 pm

RockyGully wrote:
Always alert 47 yrs old and believe unfortunately it will or shtf scenario happen in next 5 years or earlier. Atleast i hope due to age of being able to adapt and survive.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Paul

Post by Paul » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:51 pm

Vessels&Valves wrote:

RockyGully wrote:
I'm 47yrs old and I expect something to happen in the next five years, in saying that only because it would be nice to think i would still be able to adjust surviving in the bush. Aswell as all the military action currently building globally something or someone might think now or never.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links