Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

A Lot of Views, But Few Replies. Why?

What's on your mind? Lets get the community talking.
Keith
Posts in topic: 13

A Lot of Views, But Few Replies. Why?

Post by Keith » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:17 pm

I see that some topics are getting a lot of views but little or no replies. Is this mostly non member visitors? I am new on here, but I am trying to participate by replying to present posts & by contributing/sharing. It would help if I had some idea of what other members are interested in. With no feedback I am not sure if I am posting anything of any use or not.
With respect & regards, Keith.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Paul
Posts in topic: 6

Re: A Lot of Views, But Few Replies. Why?

Post by Paul » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:34 pm

Only seems to be handful of active members . You will find as for myself and a few others reading back .That a few subjects have had discussion but I'm always happy to receive and question new ideas.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

cammo123
Posts in topic: 1

Post by cammo123 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:17 pm

I think you'll find people are reserved and cautious... like to look and read from a distance...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith

Post by Keith » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:27 pm

cammo123 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:17 pm
I think you'll find people are reserved and cautious... like to look and read from a distance...
Paul wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:34 pm
Only seems to be handful of active members . You will find as for myself and a few others reading back .That a few subjects have had discussion but I'm always happy to receive and question new ideas.
I appreciate the replies Image
Keith.

Robert Frost.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

griff

Post by griff » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:06 pm

Its the same on most Forums these days ol mate...from what I see lurking as they call it, is all the go.I have been to busy of late to get involved but I am backkkkkkkk :lol:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

sean.donnelly

Post by sean.donnelly » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:32 am

As far as I'm concerned... I read but, unless it's something that I know well or am specifically interested in, I probably won't reply. Especially if I'm not 100% certain of the answer.
An example was a post about storing water. Now, as far as I know, water can be stored indefinitely. The only problem being that it will go stale. Assuming the storage container is sterile, etc. I'm not 100% certain of that, though, so I'm not going to stick my beak in.

The other problem, not necessarily on this forum, is that preppers/survivalists tend to be a very thorny group. Quite a few have VERY specific ideas and some get very agitated if those ideas are challenged. Tends to make people, especially newcomers, wary about getting an oar in the water. Never too sure where the sharks are.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith

Post by Keith » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:50 am

griff wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:06 pm
Its the same on most Forums these days ol mate...from what I see lurking as they call it, is all the go.I have been to busy of late to get involved but I am backkkkkkkk :lol:

Robert Frost.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith

Post by Keith » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:55 am

sean.donnelly wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:32 am
As far as I'm concerned... I read but, unless it's something that I know well or am specifically interested in, I probably won't reply. Especially if I'm not 100% certain of the answer.
An example was a post about storing water. Now, as far as I know, water can be stored indefinitely. The only problem being that it will go stale. Assuming the storage container is sterile, etc. I'm not 100% certain of that, though, so I'm not going to stick my beak in.

The other problem, not necessarily on this forum, is that preppers/survivalists tend to be a very thorny group. Quite a few have VERY specific ideas and some get very agitated if those ideas are challenged. Tends to make people, especially newcomers, wary about getting an oar in the water. Never too sure where the sharks are.
I understand completely, but there are ways of disagreeing without being rude. I don't mind people disagreeing with me, just the same as I may disagree with them. But there are ways of getting your thoughts, ideas point of view across without the agro. :)
Keith.

Robert Frost.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Vessels&Valves
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Vessels&Valves » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:30 pm

i have written a little bit here but i am not getting emailed when my threads are replied to , otherwise i would pop in here more often.

As far as forum participation goes in general , i am surprised at the lack of activity.

Maybe Australians are so relaxed they will say " she will be right " until the nukes are falling and then they will run around looking for someone to blame.

If there was a nuke war , Pine Gap will be the first to go bang , and then there are apparently 18 other locations around Australia that the US calls home any time they want...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Paul
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Paul » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:38 pm

Vessels&Valves wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:30 pm
i have written a little bit here but i am not getting emailed when my threads are replied to , otherwise i would pop in here more often.

As far as forum participation goes in general , i am surprised at the lack of activity.

Maybe Australians are so relaxed they will say " she will be right " until the nukes are falling and then they will run around looking for someone to blame.

If there was a nuke war , Pine Gap will be the first to go bang , and then there are apparently 18 other locations around Australia that the US calls home any time they want...
Agreed pine gap just as much as exmouth and Darwin. Military bases, both garden islands , international airports,major ports and fuel refineries probably in first wave attack. Second wave major cities.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links