Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

What Have You Been Doing Recently That Will Improve Your Lifestyle.

What's on your mind? Lets get the community talking.
User avatar
Keith
Posts in topic: 13
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:39 pm

Re: What Have You Been Doing Recently That Will Improve Your Lifestyle.

Post by Keith » Sun May 27, 2018 5:59 pm

Cut, carted & stacked another truck load of firewood yesterday, I picked up what we had to leave behind today. We used the tractor to lift the trees up off the ground whilst we cut. Cold at nights now & heavy frosts & ice.
Keith.
Image
Inside is full now, we have two rows stacked outside.


Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/
Image

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar
MasterChief
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:45 pm
Location: Sydney
Contact:

Re: What Have You Been Doing Recently That Will Improve Your Lifestyle.

Post by MasterChief » Tue May 29, 2018 8:54 am

GREAT QUESTION Keith !

You achieve a lot of very practical, useful improvements. In fact, Im stunned by just how you get done :o

We have been focusing on mindset and mentality.

Working through Stress management, staying present and ensuring that even under exposure to high Stresses we can think clearly and make rational decisions.

This is as important as all other prepping in my mind. Having the mental agility to make the right survival decisions, under high stress conditions where normally our frontal lobe is 'locked out' of the decision making process and our Lizard brain (fight or flight) is the only decision maker.

High negative or positive emotions produce chemicals in our body which essentially are equivalent to being drunk - our decision making processes are impared.

Knowing this, managing this in a prepping situation is essential for us!!


. Keep it Simple Stupid, Survive.
Have you told us "What Are You Prepping for? yet?"
Introduce yourself to the community

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Nat
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:29 pm

Re: What Have You Been Doing Recently That Will Improve Your Lifestyle.

Post by Nat » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:43 pm

I have been reading alot. Watching alot of preppers vids for tips and new ideas.

Been cryovacing food.
Buying medical suppies.
Buying food storage buckets.

Ive posted a new topic regarding food storage etc. Hopefully this will help me ☺



Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar
Keith
Posts in topic: 13
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:39 pm

Re: What Have You Been Doing Recently That Will Improve Your Lifestyle.

Post by Keith » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:52 pm

Nat wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:43 pm
I have been reading alot. Watching alot of preppers vids for tips and new ideas.

Been cryovacing food.
Buying medical suppies.
Buying food storage buckets.

Ive posted a new topic regarding food storage etc. Hopefully this will help me ☺
Image
Keith.
Last edited by Keith on Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/
Image

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar
Keith
Posts in topic: 13
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:39 pm

Re: What Have You Been Doing Recently That Will Improve Your Lifestyle.

Post by Keith » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:52 pm

Nat wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:43 pm
I have been reading alot. Watching alot of preppers vids for tips and new ideas.

Been cryovacing food.
Buying medical suppies.
Buying food storage buckets.

Ive posted a new topic regarding food storage etc. Hopefully this will help me ☺
Image
Keith.
Last edited by Keith on Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.


Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/
Image

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar
Keith
Posts in topic: 13
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:39 pm

Re: What Have You Been Doing Recently That Will Improve Your Lifestyle.

Post by Keith » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:55 pm

MasterChief wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 8:54 am
GREAT QUESTION Keith !

You achieve a lot of very practical, useful improvements. In fact, Im stunned by just how you get done :o

We have been focusing on mindset and mentality.

Working through Stress management, staying present and ensuring that even under exposure to high Stresses we can think clearly and make rational decisions.

This is as important as all other prepping in my mind. Having the mental agility to make the right survival decisions, under high stress conditions where normally our frontal lobe is 'locked out' of the decision making process and our Lizard brain (fight or flight) is the only decision maker.

High negative or positive emotions produce chemicals in our body which essentially are equivalent to being drunk - our decision making processes are impared.

Knowing this, managing this in a prepping situation is essential for us!!
Image


Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/
Image

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar
Keith
Posts in topic: 13
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:39 pm

Re: What Have You Been Doing Recently That Will Improve Your Lifestyle.

Post by Keith » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:38 pm

Put up a new mobile chook yard in the garden, & yesterday & bought in another truck load of firewood. Snowed again today, pretty chilly. Heater been burning all day.
Keith.


Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/
Image

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

GirlFriday
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:15 pm

Re: What Have You Been Doing Recently That Will Improve Your Lifestyle.

Post by GirlFriday » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:24 pm

Sourced a hand grain mill and converted my sewing machine to treadle. Baby steps :-)



Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

User avatar
Keith
Posts in topic: 13
Posts: 306
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:39 pm

Re: What Have You Been Doing Recently That Will Improve Your Lifestyle.

Post by Keith » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:55 am

GirlFriday wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:24 pm
Sourced a hand grain mill and converted my sewing machine to treadle. Baby steps :-)
Image


Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/
Image

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post