Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

Bunkers for lease -ideas in the making

What's on your mind? Lets get the community talking.
rob1988
Posts in topic: 1

Bunkers for lease -ideas in the making

Post by rob1988 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:32 pm

Hi everyone,
I have a very large property 1.5 hours outside Melbourne and are considering building some bunkers on my land.
The idea would be to provide emergency bunkers to people that dont have anywhere else to go in the event of natural disasters, nuclear attacks or other doomsday scenarios.
People would be able to secure a bunker on a very long lease, and stock it with everything they would require to be self sustaining. The lease would include enough land to farm and access to rivers and bush to hunt.

Any thoughts? I appreciate any feedback on the idea.
Cheers
Rob

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

John

Re: Bunkers for lease -ideas in the making

Post by John » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:28 pm

I think it’s a great idea for those who don’t have any land of there own to build an stock supply’s.
As a land owner my self I see some positives Being able to work as a group with other prepper to share Work loads and hunting an grathering.
All so as a group security and defence is a big plus if the people have some training or experience in military tactics
There’s or ways a big but and that is finding people that are trustworthy and committed to the good of the group in times where shtf.
I thInk that’s the biggest problem and turns me off telling anyone other than close family with my location is I believe most people will be out for them selves and I may be inviting trouble on to your land.

But I do really like the idea in the as I know my self and close family will be very hard for anybody to over come there’s some truth in safety in number but the numbers have to be committed and extremely trustworthy and that’s going to be hard to find wshtf

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Frostbite

Post by Frostbite » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:08 pm

What a specious concept. How much will each bunker cost? How much will you lease it for? How will you control the hunting and manage your game? How much insurance do you have? How will you select the participants?

I recently sold a 1250ac hunting property my brother and I owned in SEQ. I held annual prepper meets there for over a decade. Human nature will be your biggest issue. You will get your fair share of idiots, dreamers, selfish and greedy individuals who will test your resolve. Good luck.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Bug

Post by Bug » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:53 pm

I'd advise against it tbh. A basic principle of prepping is to keep it quiet. Do you really want people that you don't know having a knowledge of you?
You could end up with a total turd who invites his band of dickheads along, and you won't be able to evict them.
I've rented out a room in my house before, and there is one rock solid rule that was never broken: Nobody gives a crap about your property except you.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

felicityar

Post by felicityar » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:44 am

Hi - I'd be interested please. I am a experienced registered nurse and have started to stockpile medical equipment - IV fluids, drugs, dressings and antibiotics. Also stocking up on Ventolin, anaphylaxis pens etc.
I think if you vet as thoroughly as possible the people you invite to rent a bunker on your property then it is much better to strive for a small skilled community banding together that bugging out alone.
I have 2 acres about an hour from Melbourne to the North and am considering putting in a Wildfire Safety Bunker because I can't find anyone else in Australia who can build them to a standard within budget.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links