Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

Are The Global Warming Unbelievers Prepared To Risk the Quality of Life of Their Grandchildren?

What's on your mind? Lets get the community talking.
Frostbite
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Are The Global Warming Unbelievers Prepared To Risk the Quality of Life of Their Grandchildren?

Post by Frostbite » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:35 pm

If the 4 wheels of a car could generate the same amount of power as it takes to drive the wheels then you would have perpetual motion. A solar panel would only be required to start the car and run lights and electronics.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Grumpy
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Are The Global Warming Unbelievers Prepared To Risk the Quality of Life of Their Grandchildren?

Post by Grumpy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:53 pm

Perpetual motion is dependant on a zero loss system and we cant do that yet.
Make it work by using energy from it and it aint a perpetual system any more

Maybe find a low energy way of splitting water to H2 and O then motors will run on water.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Bug
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Bug » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:10 pm

Sir Eoin O'Fada wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:12 pm
Electric cars with solar panels on the roof would have to be a monster car, but very light, to keep going, then what about cloudy days?
Solar panels are getting better every year. They still generate on cloudy days, just nowhere near as much. It's the advances in batteries that are really going to matter here. They're still sitting at a couple of percent improvement each year. Perhaps the soaring demand from electricity utilities and people putting them in their homes will drive improvements.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Bug

Post by Bug » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:12 pm

Kit wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:29 am
I’ve supported and taken action in many things over the years (since I was in primary school) to try to minimise the harm humans do to the planet. All I’ve seen is continued disinterest by governments to act in any way responsible. No matter what we do now I believe we’ve messed the planet up beyond repair while humans still exist, but I agree that we should still do all we can regardless. It certainly can’t make things worse to try, after all.
Same same. When you see so many people knowingly drive polluting vehicles when there are better alternatives, litter when they are right next to a bin, build freeways instead of rail lines, I don't think we have a hope in hell of averting global warming. If people won't even do the easy things to change that are relatively low cost, then the serious decisions needed to avoid this are not going to happen.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Keith » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:16 pm

Bug wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:10 pm
Sir Eoin O'Fada wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:12 pm
Electric cars with solar panels on the roof would have to be a monster car, but very light, to keep going, then what about cloudy days?
Solar panels are getting better every year. They still generate on cloudy days, just nowhere near as much. It's the advances in batteries that are really going to matter here. They're still sitting at a couple of percent improvement each year. Perhaps the soaring demand from electricity utilities and people putting them in their homes will drive improvements.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith

Post by Keith » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:18 pm

Bug wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:12 pm
Kit wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:29 am
I’ve supported and taken action in many things over the years (since I was in primary school) to try to minimise the harm humans do to the planet. All I’ve seen is continued disinterest by governments to act in any way responsible. No matter what we do now I believe we’ve messed the planet up beyond repair while humans still exist, but I agree that we should still do all we can regardless. It certainly can’t make things worse to try, after all.
Same same. When you see so many people knowingly drive polluting vehicles when there are better alternatives, litter when they are right next to a bin, build freeways instead of rail lines, I don't think we have a hope in hell of averting global warming. If people won't even do the easy things to change that are relatively low cost, then the serious decisions needed to avoid this are not going to happen.

Robert Frost.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Bilby
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Bilby » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:49 pm

It's so much simpler and painless for each individual person not to believe that we humans are destroying our planet's ecosystem. What's the alternative ...an awakened mind that painfully sees Earths natural environment being stressed to destruction? How much easier it would be to walk around with mind closed. Afterall so many individuals globally are enjoying the spoils at the expense of our one and only living planet ...Earth!
How long will it take for the balance to tip in favour of those of us who are paying it back to nature; for our planet to start healing instead of hurting? As you can see Keith, I have only questions too. I feel like giving up sometimes, until I walk along the paths through the bushland on my property and admire its beauty.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith

Post by Keith » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:47 am

Bilby wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:49 pm
It's so much simpler and painless for each individual person not to believe that we humans are destroying our planet's ecosystem. What's the alternative ...an awakened mind that painfully sees Earths natural environment being stressed to destruction? How much easier it would be to walk around with mind closed. Afterall so many individuals globally are enjoying the spoils at the expense of our one and only living planet ...Earth!
How long will it take for the balance to tip in favour of those of us who are paying it back to nature; for our planet to start healing instead of hurting? As you can see Keith, I have only questions too. I feel like giving up sometimes, until I walk along the paths through the bushland on my property and admire its beauty.
Frankly Bilby I don't think that we can avoid TEOTWAWKI now, too late for band-aid solutions, it is all or nothing in my opinion. I am hoping that when it does hit the fan, that this will stop the use of fossil fuels & the logging of native forests & some of us may survive. A slim hope, because climate change disaster will not just stop when we stop, it will continue for some time. The earth will recover, the majority of people will not, in fact we may yet see the extinction of all life on earth. But the best we can do now as a minority, is to prepare for TEOTWAWKI.
Keith.

Robert Frost.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Bug

Post by Bug » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:43 pm

Bilby wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:49 pm
It's so much simpler and painless for each individual person not to believe that we humans are destroying our planet's ecosystem.
Agreed. It's a psychological issue. It's been shown time and time again that pure facts are not enough to convince people. If the effects are not immediate and personally impacting, it doesn't sink in.
Willful ignorance is attractive for many. 'I don't believe in global warming, so I can buy the loud polluting motorbike that I want.' 'I think it's all made up, so I'll continue to not bother recycling'...
Ignoring well established scientific consensus has personal gains due to the shirking of responsibilities. I don't think we are going to stop global warming, and our children will pay the penalty for it.

If there is even a 10% chance that it is real, you'd have to really hate your children not to do something about it.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Grumpy
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Grumpy » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:33 pm

I have been blasted by this global warming stuff for forty five years now!
By original predictions, also fervently true and accurate
Sea levels have risen six meters by now
Temperature has risen four degree C
The world is in an endless drought
There is mass starvation with the world population down to four billion and still falling
There are no fish in the over polluted oceans
Having children is banned
Soylent green is reality

None of the above has happened and I am sick to death with others telling me what to think and do.

To all those power hungry nematoads out there bugger of and stop telling me how to live my life I have no desire in following your insecure insanities and ravings about things you imagine to be but are not

The biggest danger the world faces now is "STUPIDITY" and global warming is just part of that collective stupidity with its followers either lazy and or stupid themselves

Wake up people, give yourself a good kick put brain into gear and open your eyes.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links