Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

PETITION: The legal right to armed self defence in Australia

What's on your mind? Lets get the community talking.
Keith
Posts in topic: 15

Re: PETITION: The legal right to armed self defence in Australia

Post by Keith » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:43 pm

geelongprepper wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:13 pm
I thought I would weigh in my 2 cents worth.

to me its about self determination. If someone wants to be unarmed, great, good on them. But I am sure they will want someone armed to come to their rescue.

I would rather be able to make my own decision than have others making it for me.

to worry that firearms will get in the wrong hands is kind of a side argument. heres a hypothetical. a woman is being attacked. she pulls out a gun and either shoots them, stops them or gets it taken off her. 2 out of 3 options she is not a victim. now if the same scenario happens with no gun, her only outcome is as a victim. so if we are saying we are going to have women as victims, what number of those women not being victims would justify self defense weapons?

we trust police, servicemen/women and security guards to have guns on duty, why wouldnt we trust them with them off duty. they are already determined to be worthy of a firearm and are trained to have one and make decisions. why couldnt they be armed in society when not on duty.
Good comment GP.
Keith.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links