Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

Concerns For Our Future.

What's on your mind? Lets get the community talking.
Keith
Posts in topic: 2

Concerns For Our Future.

Post by Keith » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:19 pm

There are a few things have have been bugging me for a long time now, I don't think airing them on this forum will do much good, but it might be interesting to get some feedback, what are your thoughts?

1) Gun Control. The anti-gun lobby just doesn't let up, & they are continually using the gun incidents in America to try & influence the government in Australia. There are grave doubts surrounding the possibly orchestrated Port Arthur shootings, & the fact that the rifle used came from the police arsenal has never been addressed. The public for the most part seem to be totally ignorant regarding gun facts & soak up all the propaganda that the government & the anti-gun lobby dishes out.
2) Gun theft appears to be on the rise, & I have to wonder where these thieves are getting their information from! Many of these thefts concern the taking of the whole gun safe, & it appears that these are targeted thefts. We know that information has been leaked from firearms registry in the past, & now our information is recorded in every gun shop we purchase ammunition from!
3) Across the board restrictions on guns in my opinion is just not fair. I can understand the restrictions on breech-loading hand guns, but I simply do not understand why the same restriction apply to flintlock, wheellock & matchlock muzzle-loading pistols! Gun control is supposed to be about people's safety, right? So how does restricting these primitive guns have anything to do with public safety? I can own an antique pistol with out the need for permit to purchase, licence & registration. So IF I were a criminal, I could use this gun. The law says I am not allowed to use this gun, but criminals obviously do not obey the law. Having said this, when was the last time you ever heard of a flintlock being used to commit a crime? Anytime in the last 100 years?
4) Domestic violence is literally rife in Australia, 90% of police time is spent on domestic violence. The government seem to encourage domestic violence as they cut funding to women's help centers & closed some down completely! I find this more than a bit of a worry!
5) Self Defence Laws. The Australian government has banned the purchase & use of anything specifically intended for the use in self defence(check your own state laws). In NSW no citizen is permitted to purchase or carry or use capsicum spray, a taser, or a gun or anything else for self defence. Even if you already have a gun, it is illegal to use it for self defence (self defence also included protecting other people such as your family). This has left citizens defenceless & vulnerable in a society where home invasions, car jackings, rape, attacks & murder appear to be on the rise. The government is very quick to address anti-gun lobby concerns, but in fact are doing nothing regarding public safety.
6) Government Taxes/Charges. Local councils are NOT supposed to be government, & as I understand it are supposed to contract for services supplied to land owners. We have not been asked to sign any such contract, & yet we are charged through our rates for all services, none of which we use or want. The PP Board charge a fee for pasture protection but in fact do nothing. The local council even charges us a fee because we use composting toilets!!! The use of these toilets does not involve any council services what so ever. Road repairs & upkeep are payed for through our vehicle registration, & frankly I don't give a damn if the dirt road goes out all together. Basically this all means that we are being controlled, manipulated & made dependent. So long as we have to pay these fees we have no chance of becoming self reliant.
7) Genocide. The Australian government pays the Indonesian government to commit genocide in West Papua, & we train the Indonesian military to carry out this genocide. America is involved in this too, & I have been told that Donald Trump either owns the gold mine in West Papua or has an investment in it. These people were our WW2 Allies & they saved many of our diggers, get the world is ignoring this genocide. Plenty on refugees & overseas wars, but nothing re this genocide, not even from our own RSL!!! What the hell is going on here?
The fact that this is being ignored gives me grave fears for the future welfare of Australian citizens. If we can allow this to happen, & if the rest of the world is doing nothing about it, what chance have we got of surviving a foreign invasion or total control by our own corrupt to the core government??? Could the Hunger Games become a reality in Australia? Given the situation regarding our self defence rights & gun control I think this possibility is not so far fetched!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dOEON-H9BQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ8f4RxGbP8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLKBiDz8mao
This genocide never stopped, & it is still going on today!

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

RockyGully
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Concerns For Our Future.

Post by RockyGully » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:16 pm

Food for thought indeed Keith.Which will inspire me to shortly to digress to post some opinions and observations that will need to be broken down into little parts as I see them .You are absolutely correct that the top end of the food chain are pulling the strings and the puppets need to cut the strings.However as this is a prepping forum than I feel that it is all a bit late to try to change the world at the moment.We shall bide our time!!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

John

Post by John » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:18 pm

All good points some I’m not so up to date on but you’ve give me a few things to do some reading On I might not be able to do much but I can share this post with friends Family

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Frostbite

Post by Frostbite » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:12 am

Keith wrote:

3) Across the board restrictions on guns in my opinion is just not fair. I can understand the restrictions on breech-loading hand guns, but I simply do not understand why the same restriction apply to flintlock, wheellock & matchlock muzzle-loading pistols! .

This comment is part of the problem. The government uses the divide and conquer method. Person A doesn't shoot semi auto handguns so he isn't bothered when they get banned. Person B doesn't shoot black powder so he isn't bothered when they get banned etc etc.

All shooters should be concerned when any type of firearm is banned. We need to stand together or we will all fall eventually.

Also, self defence is not a genuine reason to own a firearm and it is generally illegal to carry an item for the purpose of self defence. However, it is NOT illegal to use a firearm for self defence. The laws pertaining to self defence, in NSW at least (and I suspect the other states have similar laws), is that you may use lethal force to defend life and MUST NOT be found guilty if you (not the jury) considered your fear to be genuine and your actions to be reasonable. Of course, the police may no longer consider you a suitable person to hold a firearms licence afterwards.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:24 am

Frostbite wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:12 am
Keith wrote:

3) Across the board restrictions on guns in my opinion is just not fair. I can understand the restrictions on breech-loading hand guns, but I simply do not understand why the same restriction apply to flintlock, wheellock & matchlock muzzle-loading pistols! .

This comment is part of the problem. The government uses the divide and conquer method. Person A doesn't shoot semi auto handguns so he isn't bothered when they get banned. Person B doesn't shoot black powder so he isn't bothered when they get banned etc etc.

All shooters should be concerned when any type of firearm is banned. We need to stand together or we will all fall eventually.

Also, self defence is not a genuine reason to own a firearm and it is generally illegal to carry an item for the purpose of self defence. However, it is NOT illegal to use a firearm for self defence. The laws pertaining to self defence, in NSW at least (and I suspect the other states have similar laws), is that you may use lethal force to defend life and MUST NOT be found guilty if you (not the jury) considered your fear to be genuine and your actions to be reasonable. Of course, the police may no longer consider you a suitable person to hold a firearms licence afterwards.
Well one I said I could understand the restrictions, I did not say that I would agree to a ban. The H class license is restricted to range use only, & I can understand their point of view, but there are circumstances where I think modern handgun use should be available off range. Regardless, I back all firearm disciplines.
People have had their guns confiscated & their licenses revoked for using a firearm for self defence, & in these cases the firearms were not even fired.

Keith.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links