Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

Rose Tinted Glasses?!

'Nuff said. Lets talk.
Keith
Posts in topic: 1

Rose Tinted Glasses?!

Post by Keith » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:01 pm

Not many posts or comments on this topic of weapons, perhaps those people with experience are just not commenting. I can understand that, I would not relate my experiences on a public forum either. BUT, there are those people who appear to see this world through rose tinted glasses. Let me assure you, this world is not a safe place. If you have not experienced this to date, you are lucky, but DO NOT let that lack of experience influence you into thinking weapons, & especially guns, are not necessary to your survival. All it takes is for you or you & your's to be in the wrong place at the wrong time & you can find yourself fighting for your life.
Arm yourself now, choose your tools carefully, not too many, but enough & learn how to carry them & how to use them to the best of your ability. IF we ever experience a TEOTWAWKI situation, the dangers will be far greater than they are now.
Keith.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Paul
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Rose Tinted Glasses?!

Post by Paul » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:43 am

I disagree with you to not experience this to date you are lucky. And obviously, maybe not for those planning to bug in ,too have a realistic view of what is to come?. But i must say learn your bush knowledge and skills. Be prepared to live like primitives and alert to your site - surroundings. Where, how and what to look for, for water,food and shelter. This is just the beginning of basic survival. Plus mma experience and basic weapons . From bow and arrow construction and proficiency to spear and knife . Guns, genies,fuel, batteries ,isolated locations may not last as long as convenient belief . Think worst case and with any luck your a little more elevated too prepared. Prepared to handle, suffer and with any luck adapt .Lol toilet paper and toothpaste will be the least of your worries.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links