Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

Hand to hand defence. What do you carry?

'Nuff said. Lets talk.
Keith
Posts in topic: 2

Hand to hand defence. What do you carry?

Post by Keith » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:52 pm

Learning from history is a good way to go. Modern arms are all very well if 1) you can afford them, & 2) you are legally able to obtain them. I have carried many modern handguns in my time, but now I have to pay for pistol club membership in order to own one, & I have to travel to the club on a regular basis in order to keep my H class licence. Frankly I can not justify the expense of club membership, & being attacked by feral dogs & wild boar when I am working on my property is apparently not a good reason for owning a pistol according to the government desk jockies!!!
So, I make do with what is legal & consider myself lucky to have what I have in a country with a government dictatorship.
Keith.

Image Image
My hunting sword.
My tools of the trade.
The only changes I have made to the usual tools I carry with me is the clasp knife. The one shown above I made myself, but I have always wished that I had made it a little larger. Then one on my sons gave me a #10 Opinel clasp knife & that is the one I carry now.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

StealthHunter
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Hand to hand defence. What do you carry?

Post by StealthHunter » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:42 pm

haha, I do believe that Australian laws need a good redo on most of them. since EDC or "wearing weapons" in public places is illegal I have been studying zen do kai martial arts and other types of mixed martial arts to try and turn myself into a metaphorical weapon, but I think it is stupid that you can't use a firearm for your line of work.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Hand to hand defence. What do you carry?

Post by Keith » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:17 pm

StealthHunter wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:42 pm
haha, I do believe that Australian laws need a good redo on most of them. since EDC or "wearing weapons" in public places is illegal I have been studying zen do kai martial arts and other types of mixed martial arts to try and turn myself into a metaphorical weapon, but I think it is stupid that you can't use a firearm for your line of work.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links