Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

Show Us Your Tools Being Used.

'Nuff said. Lets talk.
Keith
Posts in topic: 2

Show Us Your Tools Being Used.

Post by Keith » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:20 am

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

RockyGully
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Show Us Your Tools Being Used.

Post by RockyGully » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:31 pm

Thanks for that Keith, although my son should have watched it as he and his mate threw my hawk at an Ironbark tree and broke my Hickory handle.
Easy mistake though and that was a while back and I need to helve it again.A fellow from work got me some spotted gum after I said what happened
but what he got me was green or too dry and split to be of any use.So this arvo I worked on the dry stuff and the splits went too far in to be of any use so onto the woodpile they went.
However the green lengths were beautifully straight so I debarked them,and stood them up to season a bit longer in a cool dry area. Can anyone
here offer any advice on working with spotted gum or native timber.Thanks,regards RG

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Keith
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Show Us Your Tools Being Used.

Post by Keith » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:20 pm

RockyGully wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:31 pm
Thanks for that Keith, although my son should have watched it as he and his mate threw my hawk at an Ironbark tree and broke my Hickory handle.
Easy mistake though and that was a while back and I need to helve it again.A fellow from work got me some spotted gum after I said what happened
but what he got me was green or too dry and split to be of any use.So this arvo I worked on the dry stuff and the splits went too far in to be of any use so onto the woodpile they went.
However the green lengths were beautifully straight so I debarked them,and stood them up to season a bit longer in a cool dry area. Can anyone
here offer any advice on working with spotted gum or native timber.Thanks,regards RG
I can't say as though I have noticed that any of our local timbers need any special treatment Rocky, but here is a video I made on making a new helve for my tomahawk.
Regards, Keith.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtDrpahgkQ8

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
http://woodsrunnersdiary.blogspot.com.au/

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links