Welcome to the Australian Preppers Forum. The forum runs on a secure platform and is optimised for mobile devices. Register to get involved. Get started with an Introduction here or by letting us know "What Are You Prepping for?"

My Bug Out bag

Discussions about your bags. What's in 'em, where you got the gear, what you're looking for next and helping out other Australian Preppers looking to build theirs.
TrooperD
Posts in topic: 1

Re: My Bug Out bag

Post by TrooperD » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:16 am

Quesrion 1 how much room is left, if full where do you put the stuff you might pick up along the way.?
Question 2 have you tried carring it over distance ?
Qiestion 3 why no corn flower ?.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MasterChief
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 5

Post by MasterChief » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:48 pm

Mike_B wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:33 am
Two comments;
(1) In one of the pictures of the bag on the forum blog page it appears to show a folding shovel which I think is a good idea, but last time I read through there is no mention of it.
(2) I have seen a couple of comments regarding cable ties or zip ties, the only ones I am familiar with are almost impossible to re-use, so while they can be very useful for some tasks, and don't weigh much, I'm not so sure about there criticality?
Hye Mike_B, yes the shovel is there, I normally stick it in the gap between my shoulders and the backpack...

This can be problematic as its not 'fixed' in so to speak.

Cable ties are not reusable but you can search on youtube for a bunch of people showing you how to do that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJus1Pe9qAU

But cables ties are so lightweight, you can carry a lot of different sizes for very little space and weight.

. Keep it Simple Stupid, Survive.
Have you told us "What Are You Prepping for? yet?"
Introduce yourself to the community

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

MasterChief
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 5

Post by MasterChief » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:50 pm

TrooperD wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:16 am
Quesrion 1 how much room is left, if full where do you put the stuff you might pick up along the way.?
Question 2 have you tried carring it over distance ?
Qiestion 3 why no corn flower ?.
Good questions.
  • Not a lot right now, nut as food is consumed, more space ( about 1/3) of the bag becomes available.
  • Yes, but not >10km :shock:
  • Just never thought of it and don't use it for anything...Suggestions as to why I should add it are welcomed! :D

. Keep it Simple Stupid, Survive.
Have you told us "What Are You Prepping for? yet?"
Introduce yourself to the community

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

notasyoung
Posts in topic: 1

Post by notasyoung » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:16 pm

1. I take it you are using a collapsible walking stick with your bag (good idea)? If necessary a walking stick can be fashioned out of any piece of wood (just takes time).
2. Try and find some of the old army hat/mozzie screen combined... like a giggle hat, can fold up and stuff in, but has a net on it like a bee keepers, handy when there are lots of flies. Or some of the little nets that just go over your head (the army one keeps the net off your face).

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links